corrugated hose QD/extension

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

partridge

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was looking at the Atomic SS1 and read that they have a quick disconnect from the corrugated hose. Also, last week, I dove with a guy who had a Air Source on his BCD. The hose looked like it was longer than mine and if you looked closely, it looked like it was just an extension and not a different hose.

Does anybody know if there is something like this for sale out there? An attachment to the corrugated hose to make the inflator or integrated inflator become quick disconnect and maybe extend the hose a wee bit?

Thanks.

It's not really a QD. It's threaded with a standard garden hose thread so you can water your lawn with your BC. Make sure you don't let go of the hose.

Why would you need to disconnect from the corrugated hose while submerged?

Are you talking about the corrugated hose or the LP inflator hose? The corrugated hose does not have a QD on the Atomic Ss1 or any integrated BC inflator/safe second as far as I know.

EDIT:

BTW, my wife has an AirSource and I have an AIR II. Both have oversized LP hoses, not extensions nor do they have QDs on the corrugated hose.

partridge:
I was looking at the Atomic SS1 and read that they have a quick disconnect from the corrugated hose. Also, last week, I dove with a guy who had a Air Source on his BCD. The hose looked like it was longer than mine and if you looked closely, it looked like it was just an extension and not a different hose.

The SS1 doesn't come with a corrugated hose; it has adapters for different size BC hoses. The adapters are removable (threaded) from the SS1 head. So, you could easily disconnect the SS1 from the corrugated hose, but it's not designed as a "Quick Disconnect".

The AirSource II hose is actually three main parts - the upper hose, a rigid Trim Grip, and the lower hose. When using the AS II as a regulator (breathing from it when your buddy is using your primary), you're supposed to grab and hold the hose at the Trim Grip area and use the pull dump system to vent air.

As said, atomic ss1 has threaded adapters that are attached to corregated hose as you would a conventional inflator. The SS1 screws in.
I had the adapters on both of my wings and I could simply screw the SS1 on to the wing I planned to use.
As for longer hose, no need for "extenders", another failure point?. Get a longer hose.
They are 12 to 18 bucks depending on length.
Probably takes 3 to 4 minutes to change out.

Ok. Thanks guys. My question still remains though. Is there anything out there that I can buy so I can disconnect my AIR 2 or Air Source after each dive day? Forget about the extension part.

I dont want to buy an SS1 as we do not have a dealer or service near here. But I want to take it off after every dive day without cutting a zip tie.

To answer some questions: I do not intend to disconnect underwater.

I am talking about the corrugated hose, not the low pressure hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom