Cost Effective Light solution for GoPro Videos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erbedo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I just bought a GoPro Here 4 Silver. I am shooting my first videos, I knew I would have needed a light, but it seems evident that I need it know if I want to shoot decent videos.

I do not have a tray, so maybe it is worth to go for that. I am looking for cheap but good alternatives, nothing professional as I do not have to make a living out of it, just looking for something worth to be bought and that can help me bring good memories home :)

What is your budget? Look at Orca lights and a dual arm tray. My wife got this setup but I think she paid $300-$400. Welcome to underwater photography.

I read on a thread, maybe in the Gopro forum about the Orca lights without the name branding on them from China. As I recall those lights are virtually or actually identical, but cheaper. Coming from China took several weeks to get shipped from the thread I read.

I've gone REALLY cheap for my action camera. Do an eBay search for Cree xml lights. I paid $10 each for the plastic bodied ones, then used a milk jug top as a diffuser. It works quite well as a "documentation system", meaning I can show the kids what I saw. Biggest issue is these lights are twist-on which can become a PITA.

Check out the DIY section for homemade trays.

I've gone REALLY cheap for my action camera. Do an eBay search for Cree xml lights. I paid $10 each for the plastic bodied ones, then used a milk jug top as a diffuser. It works quite well as a "documentation system", meaning I can show the kids what I saw. Biggest issue is these lights are twist-on which can become a PITA.

Check out the DIY section for homemade trays.
Where does one find the DIY section for home-made trays? Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom