Costa Rica Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sharkelle

Reaction score
New to the Board, this is my first post...
Going to Costa Rica for my first ocean dive.
Anyone been to Paradisus Playa Conchal?
Wondering if the "all inclusive" diving through them is ok or if I should go outside the resort.

Any info on the resort helpful too!!

Hi Sharkelle,

I have not been to Playa Conchal, however the diving around the Ocotal and Coco areas in the Northwest are good. Don't look for great visibility in Costa Rica unless you are well offshore.
What Costa Rica lacks in visibility however is made up for in what you will see. It is like the Texas of diving, it's dusty but everything is big. Check out some of the other threads on this site for Ocotal and Coco, I haven't seen anything in the area you are going to but I haven't looked at them all either.
Spend as much time as you can in the water but it is what is topside in Costa Rica that is the real Jem.

Have a great time, I'm Jealous,
Greg

Some divers from another board said I will probably see some rather large hammerhead sharks! I am pretty excited about that since I am fascinated with sharks!!

Thanks for the info!!

8 Days 20 Hours 12 Minutes and 15 Seconds until I am on the plane headed south!!!! Yipee!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom