Costa Rica or Turks & Caicos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kalekainxx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Considering Costa Rica and Turks & caicos at the end of Feb - Early March, which area would have better dive conditions? Like things to see and water temps? And of course weather conditons? Thanks.

I've been diving in both areas.. I loved the boat rides out to the dive sites in Turks & Caicos, and the diving was really nice too.. But I thought the diving in Costa Rica, off the Playa Hermosa (Guanacaste) was better. Lots more of the bigger things were in Costa Rica. More sharks, more schools of fish, more rays, etc. You can look at some photos from the dives on my site.. www dot xtcscuba dot com.

Hello Kalekainxx,

How are you? I never dove in Turks&Caicos so I can inform you only about the diving in Costa Rica.

I'm there now, diving with Rich Coast Diving at Playas del Coco (Guanacaste) and it's awasome. It's Manta Ray season untill May at the Catalina Islands, we go there several times a week and diving with these amazing creatures is just great!!!

Also, from Playas del Coco there are many different dive sites to visit just within a 20 min boatride. Expect to see white-tip sharks, schools of spotted eagle rays, stingrays, round-, and devil rays, turtles, octopus, lobster, but also small things like seahorses and nudibranches. During the boatride there's always a good change to see dolphins, turtles, pilot-, and humpbackwhales.

At the moment the waterconditions are good, we've had some rough sea the last couple of days, but it's calmed down again. Watertemperature is around 22 C/74 F.

I'd say, come over here and let's go diving!!! Let me know if you have any further questions I can help you out with.

Regards,

Cindy

Rich Coast Diving
PADI 5* IDC Center
Playas del Coco
Guanacaste 5019 Costa Rica
Rich Coast Diving - Costa Rica Diving and Adventure
richcoastdiving@windowslive.com
dive@richcoastdiving.com
+506 2670 0176
+506 8391 4890

Confronting Turks & Caicos and Costa Rica is like confonting Pears and Apples.
Turks and Caicos have beautiful Reefs, Corals, Sponges and viz over 60 feet.
Costa Rica offers much more fishes, from small to very big ones, but viz may be limitated.
Both dive destinations have their good and bad sides, but i prefer Costa Rica!
The daily encounters with the unexpected, the sometimes difficoult conditions, huge swarms of fishes makes diving for me and most of my customers ways more interesting.

Chris Karrer

Confronting Turks & Caicos and Costa Rica is like confonting Pears and Apples.

Chris Karrer

Yes, exactly, if you are considering the Pacific side of CR vs. the Carribean. If you are considering the Carribean side of CR, go to T&C instead from what I've heard.

I may was unclear,
the quoted text below was intended about diving in Costa Rica on the pacific coast.

Both dive destinations have their good and bad sides, but i prefer Costa Rica!
The daily encounters with the unexpected, the sometimes difficoult conditions, the huge swarms of fishes makes diving for me and most of my customers ways more interesting.

Chris Karrer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom