Countdown To Shark Week!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sea Save Foundation

Contributor
Reaction score
Shark Week - USA countdown, 24 more days! It's the most wonderful week of the year :) Southwest unveils shark-themed Boeing 737 for Shark Week
upload_2016-6-2_23-43-26.png

In the past I really enjoyed shark week, but I'm not a big fan of the nonsense they've been introducing into shark week the last few years. Also, after reading and finding out some of the dishonesty used by producers to get scientist's names attached to these nonsense shows and of course strategic editing of interviews it just is pathetic. I guess I just expect more from what is supposed to be a scientific outlet vs just another kardashian type reality show...

In the past I really enjoyed shark week, but I'm not a big fan of the nonsense they've been introducing into shark week the last few years. Also, after reading and finding out some of the dishonesty used by producers to get scientist's names attached to these nonsense shows and of course strategic editing of interviews it just is pathetic. I guess I just expect more from what is supposed to be a scientific outlet vs just another kardashian type reality show...

The Sea Save Foundation team has worked very hard to contribute a conservation message to Discover for Shark Week. The channel has been under new leadership for the last two years and we think the changes he has set in motion are fantastic. Fact checking has become essential to the programing line-up. Please let us know the name of any sources that say otherwise and we will investigate. Thanks so much for reaching out to us! The Sea Save Foundation team

I was done with shark week after that stupid megladon show.

I have never been a fan of Shark "Weak." I've known several people who have worked on segments that aired during it who said they'd never do it again. If Sea Save has actually gotten them to focus more on conservation of sharks, then kudos. I'm just not so convinced that ratings will be sacrificed for the truth.

Hopefully that is true, but after stuff like this http://io9.gizmodo.com/shark-week-lied-to-scientists-to-get-them-to-appear-in-1619280737 to get scientist and credibility attached to fakumentaries for several years it leaves a bad test in your mouth...
Hopefully that is true, but after stuff like this http://io9.gizmodo.com/shark-week-lied-to-scientists-to-get-them-to-appear-in-1619280737 to get scientist and credibility attached to fakumentaries for several years it leaves a bad test in your mouth...

Thanks so much about caring about sharks and seeking programing with an authentic voice. Please note that the article by Shiffman was written before the new Discover Director assumed his office. "Discovery boss vows change: No more anaconda stunts, fake sharks" dated Jan. 2015 Discovery boss vows change: No more anaconda stunts, fake sharks
We saw great strides forward last year and hope for even more this year.

Discovery boss vows change: No more anaconda stunts, fake sharks
Under Discovery Channel’s new regime, fake shark movies and man-eating anaconda stunts are out. In an apparent response to viewer dismay over...
ew.com

I was done with shark week after that stupid megladon show.

Thanks so much about caring about sharks and seeking programing with an authentic voice. Please note that the article by Shiffman was written before the new Discover Director assumed his office. "Discovery boss vows change: No more anaconda stunts, fake sharks" dated Jan. 2015 Discovery boss vows change: No more anaconda stunts, fake sharks

Under Discovery Channel’s new regime, fake shark movies and man-eating anaconda stunts are out. In an apparent response to viewer dismay over...
ew.com

I have never been a fan of Shark "Weak." I've known several people who have worked on segments that aired during it who said they'd never do it again. If Sea Save has actually gotten them to focus more on conservation of sharks, then kudos. I'm just not so convinced that ratings will be sacrificed for the truth.

ew.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom