COVID-19 Insurance Coverage? (non-medical)

Does your insurance cover you now for COVID-19 non medical related costs?

• Yes

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • No (not now) - but it did

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No - and it never did

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got Columbus Direct travel insurance for a trip to cyprus in July (still currently going ahead). Haven't heard anything from them regarding Covid-19 but found this in the doccuments:
HXqFFnB.png

I've got Columbus Direct travel insurance for a trip to cyprus in July (still currently going ahead). Haven't heard anything from them regarding Covid-19 but found this in the doccuments:
View attachment 576049

sweet. Now does someone have a new resource for travel insurance in the United States that includes health situations/pandemics/epidemics for trip cancel/interruption that does not require buying cancel for any reason coverage (CFAR)?

View attachment 576049

It looks like you are covered for COVID-19 if the travel ban is still enforced by July.

I think until more is understood about COVID-19, whether it is seasonal or one time deal, whether there is a vaccine or treatment, whether there is lasting immunity from an infection, whether regional travel restrictions or quarantines will pop up, that it will be difficult for insurance companies to underwrite policies covering that risk.

A specific hurricane name/weather event or COVID...once known, it’s obviously not going to be covered if you buy after that. However if a different storm and storm name came in later on your trip and you bought before that was named, it would be covered.

Unless they update that existing binding restriction, then you're screwed.

So your insurance policy cover pandemic? Good for you. That's the first one I heard. Which one is it? Do you mind posted the section that says pandemic is covered? Thanks!
My insurance policy would not cover me for a pandemic, had a pandemic been declared prior to the time of taking out the policy. As covid 19 has only been declared a pandemic after I took out the policy, if I caught covid 19 on holiday it would cover me for medical costs and if necessary a repatriation flight. If I catch covid 19 before my holiday and could not go as a result it would pay the cost of my holiday.
As it is, I do not expect to be able to go on my diving holiday to Tenerife (Spanish territory) in May because borders are closed and flights cancelled. In this case I will get a refund from the ATOL protection scheme, or if not from this them from my credit card company.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom