Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't been following this thread closely, and I'm a little confused by the infographics posted above.

Does Bonaire presently require these tests IN ADDITION TO proof of vaccination? Or is proof of vaccination presently irrelevant for visitors from outside the ABCs?

I'm booked for Bonaire in August, and the requirements may change by then. I'm also flying to Europe in July, and for some of the European countries that have recently opened to Americans or are about to, the requirements are tests AND proof of vaccination--the belt and suspenders approach, I suppose.

Does Bonaire presently require these tests IN ADDITION TO proof of vaccination? Or is proof of vaccination presently irrelevant for visitors from outside the ABCs?
Bonaire does NOT accept vaccinations for entry, except from Aruba and Curacao. "From" means there for 14d plus before flying to Bonaire; passing through Ariba or Curacao does not count.
I'm booked for Bonaire in August, and the requirements may change by then.
Doubtless.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Political posts and those responding to them have been deleted as "Off Topic".

You can discuss the facts of what Bonaire requires to visit them all you want.

You don't need to inform us of your unhappiness with the politics of their requirements... except in the Pub. Politics are allowed there and you'll have to join "The Regulars of the Pub" group in order to participate. Please direct any further questions about this to Site Support. Thanks in advance.

I see this gem of an update on the BonaireCrisis.com FAQ section for travelers. Q&A travelers - Crisiswebsite van het Openbaar Lichaam Bonaire

No requirements apply to passengers traveling to Bonaire from countries classified as low-risk countries. If you are traveling to Bonaire from low-risk countries, you do not have to show a negative NAAT(PCR) test nor do you have to present a negative antigen / rapid test.
For the list of low-risk countries, please visit: Safe countries with a low COVID-19 risk

USA is on that linked list with "as of June 24"!

A reliable person on one of the FB groups reports that the change was probably a website error:

“I removed the previous post about the US been a low risk country because the Bonaire Crisis says something different in Dutch/ Papiamento then in English. In the Dutch version the link provided has the list that applies to Bonaire. And in the English version gives the link that applies to Netherlands.
“If there is any changes announced by the government here will update everyone. Until now requirements remain the same.
“This is to avoid any confusions.”

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom