Coz dive with ScubaMau today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firstdive2005

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Cant seem to wipe this grin off. My dreams and daydreams since I left have come alive. Man it's beautiful here. I got to the shop at 8am signed my leave me to the fishes papers and by 8:30 we where blasting out to PALANCAR GARDENS. Did I scream that loud enough. For those that have had the guilty pleasure there, wow what a way to pop your Coz birginity. It grows back if off the island more than 6 months. As soon as we hit depth 85fsw I was gifted with a nurse shark, then some majestic swim throughs. 4 turtles, pairs of Angle fish following them eating the scraps. It's not the creatures on this dive that always gets me, it's the formations. They are so incredible. The vis was 85ft. There was 4 of us so we took some really cool swim throughs. Did 45 mins there way too soon to come up.
Next we went to el cedral wall. O was that cool too. Again hit depth at 65fsw and almost landed on a foraging turtle, I love watching them eat. All the fish that follow to get morsels, neat. Saw two humungous parrot fish, one green, one blue, I mean they where 3ft long. Huge beaks. Beautiful. More foraging turtles. Then we come to the wall, and there she was waiting for us. A rather large eagle ray just staying still in the current, like a gliding eagle. Wow. Drift some more, I love flying over the coral looking at macro stuff. The others started up, I had to much air left so I stayed at 50fsw for a bit. As I was just starting up, I ran into the largest barracuda I have ever seen, as long as me. 5ft away, I was too stunned to take a pic. So majestic a beast. The teeth looked liked someone was trying to pull them out they where everywhere. Stayed down for 58mins. not long enough. seeya tommorow. kev

Sounds like an awesome first day of diving! I'm really jealous. Palancar Gardens is one of my favorite dives in Cozumel. I'll look forward to your next update.

Very nice

I'm drooling! I can't wait to get down there next month! I'll be diving with Scuba Mau too :)

I woke up to -28 C (or about -20 F) this morning, which was 10 degrees colder than forecast, and I have to read this? I'll be there in 3 weeks and I sure am looking forward to seeing it all again. My first dive day is 21 days & counting. Have fun, but leave something for your next trip too.

Hi Everyone! I'm not a rub it in kinda guy but- IF IT'S COLD WHERE YOU ARE, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Breathe, breathe, ahahhahahahahahahhahaha. You know your having fun when you see a very large person in thong and it's ok.
Got to the Maus' shop at 8am again and Opal had a huge grin to meet me with and promptly said, Is it ok if you go for a ride out to MARACAIBO REEF today? Geez louise I almost had an orgasm, that would be rude considering I'm a guy. The other 2guys and myself stopped acting like little boys just long enough to get our butts on the boat by 8:30. For those who have never been diving on Coz it is a deep dive on a reef wall that is impeccably perfect at the souther tip of the island. Very few dive shops will go to the end of the island and the few that do always want more money. Opal just says your diving all week with me it's my treat. Leaves room for tipping a little extra to the dms. By the way Opal put another dm on the boat for a father and daughter team. She has about 25 dives in. She was confident and did very well on the dive. She did not go too deep though. That is why Opal put the extra dm on. The dad wanted to dive with his daughter, we where actually joking about Maracaibo the day before yet she accommodated us. Gabi sunk with myself and the other two lads while the other three played higher up. Great service for the dad, first class on Opals part.
The colors on this reef at 127fsw are mind blowing. Crystal clear. So much life. A turtle every 75 kicks. A couple of Splendid toadfish, I just love looking at them. I dont know if they bite but if you wiggle your fingers a foot in front of them they sort of act like they are going to come at ya, they pop out about 5-6 inches and go back in their hole. Too fun. The most hugest green moray calls home here also. Its' neck is as round as my waist, I have a32in waist, it's huge. Just sits there looking evil but thats all, it just looks at ya. We levelled at 50ft for a 44min dive. Great.
Did a 1hr SI at Palancar beach. Go there, youll like it.
Next we went to Casa Blanca. No one was near us. Phenomenol dive. 76fsw we pretty much stayed at. Saw 6 toad fish, one eagle ray, turtles, a huge king crab, billions of fish. Again the reef was spectacular in its' condition. The young girl with us was so funny to watch just chasing after everything, you think she would blow all her gas but she didnt, little lungs. It was so nice to see a dad with his daughter diving We all told her how proud we where for her learning how to dive. No one lectured her for not trimming out perfectly or chasing stuff that she would never catch, we all just kept an eye on her and let her have fun. We all felt like dads on that dive, it was a good day. Blew 21 for 56min, came up too soon again, seeya tommorrow, kev. hey Cicopo- tell me how cold it is again, ahahahahahhahah......

Wow!! that is just awesome! Opal was kind enough to email me some info about todays dives, but its great to hear it again. Keep the reports coming...how many more days of diving do you have?

I'm enjoying your updates. Hope you share some more tomorrow.

Very few dive shops will go to the end of the island and the few that do always want more money.

Where did you get that idea? I appreciate your enthusiasm, but that is just simply not true.

Back
Top Bottom