Coz exposure protection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I never go without my beanie. It makes a huge difference in my comfort level... I'm warmer as well as it keeps hair out of my face. Also, bring some kind of windbreaker for the boat ride back.

Warming up during the surface interval is indeed a key factor in what suit suits me. Sure, the water may be 80F, but when the weather gods hand us one of those cloudy, drizzly "winter" days, and if I can't manage to warm back up properly on the surface interval, the 3 mm that worked so well on the first dive (or earlier in the week) just doesn't cut it for me later on.
Get out of the top half of your wetsuit as soon as you can after you get out of the water and before the boat starts moving.

Full 3 mil for me everytime with a scap. As ggun said, peel that wetsuit top off as soon as you get out of the water and you will dry off and be fine.

... if the Sun is not out it does not matter how warm the water is.

Excellent point! I was dithering about whether to bring my 3 mil. I'm packing it. Thanks. :)

Excellent point! I was dithering about whether to bring my 3 mil. I'm packing it. Thanks. :)
Its the SI that can get cold. Bring a fleece to put on after you either take your wetsuit off or at minimum take the top half off after your dive. The air even at 80 degrees can be chilly.

Its the SI that can get cold. Bring a fleece to put on after you either take your wetsuit off or at minimum take the top half off after your dive. The air even at 80 degrees can be chilly.

Yup. We did a week with Blackbeard one year in March. HUGE mistake! The air temp was 72 and it was cloudy/rainy; the water temp was 72; we were sleeping in the galley; we were totally unprepared for 'camping at sea'! But I think we could have overcome all the odds if we could have gotten warm occasionally.

I am rethinking what exposure suit I am wearing this week. When I checked into my hotel today the young lady at the desk was bundled up in a winter coat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom