Coz recos wanted, please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markrovner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I are advanced beginners (~30 dives each) lookling for a weekend getaway in January. Looking for a solid reliable operator in Cozumel to build the trip around.

We're much more focused on flora and fauna than wrecks or macho crap. My last trip was with a couple who just wanted to dive deep...

Any recos gratefully accepted!

m

Also: Aquatic Sports Cozumel
Anyone know them? they got a very positive write-up from Undercurrents a couple of years ago...

Betsy White is great... http://www.geocities.com/scubabetsy/
We've dove with her several times -- She's great at pointing out tons of things that you won't see on your own :) or at least was with me.

She tailored a dive week for myself and friends and helped us with arrangements for much of our trip. I can't recommend her highly enough.
PM me if you want more info.

markrovner:
Also: Aquatic Sports Cozumel
Anyone know them? they got a very positive write-up from Undercurrents a couple of years ago...

We dove with Sergio at Aquatic Sports Cozumel a few years ago. Infact, my husband and I did our first Blue Water dives with him. He has a great operation, and takes great care of everyone in the group.

I would definitely dive with them again. Infact, we have been talking to him about doing a trip with them soon.

We are headed down this weekend with a local dive shop who already had the operator arranged. We are diving with Alison at www.scubawithalison.com. I can let you know more after we dive with her. I have heard great things about her, and actually have had several emails with her in preparation for this trip. She appears to be very accomodating.

Hi,

Congrats on heading down there. You will have a blast! Check out rainmaker's recent dive report on Cozumel (Cozumel Trip Report (Oct. 4 - 11, 2006)) I dove with david and he wrote an absolutely great dive report. Jarrett replied to you earlier with a couple of links, I would definitely place alot of weight on his opinions.

I dove with Blue XT for the first time and got my AOW and Nitrox certification with Christi. You can see that she has quite a cult following on ScubaBoard and deservedly so. She runs a great ops, small and very personable. Pedro was the only divemaster I dove with, and he was awesome. I felt very comfortable and safe diving with Pedro. Whichever dive shop you end up choosing, definitely DO A NIGHT DIVE! That was the best of the 13 dives I did in Cozumel, saw 8 octopi, about 15 crabs, a splendid toadfish, a dozem different lobsters, and a couple of moray eels. It was just awesome that Pedro was as excited as we were whenever we saw a critter. I'm sure you'll end up choosing an excellent dive shop, based on the replies that have been posted. Have a great time!

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom