Coz trip report BlueXTSea/Hotel Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrotheaddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Southeast of Disorder...and San Marcos, Texas
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Booked thru Funjet. No problems. They loaded up the plane with happy campers off to Coz. Got to the island got the green light, smurfs loaded us up the in the vans and away we went.

Hotel check in a breeze. Not much had changed since we were there in Dec. The rooms much the same we did get a room with an older mattress but it had an foam eggcrate on top. Food about the same hot and plenty of it. Depending on the bartender your drinks were anywhere from weak to strong. We tipped when we remembered to bring money with us but service did'nt change if we did not tip.

The only thing different that I could tell was they only gave us one bottle of water for the week, but you could purchase water at the front desk for 12.00 pesos.

The diving what can I say....we decided this time we would dive some of the reefs that we had not dove on in the last few trips down.

Santa Rosa (exception we always dive)
Yucab/Tormentoes
Palancar Gardens
La Francesca
Night dive Chankanaab
Columbia
Paso Cedral

On Wed morning on the way out Raul spotted dolphins and we were able to get in and snorkel with them twice there were 10 and two of them were babies. It was so fun you could hear them making their clicking noise. Christi told us when you see a large group like that, it usually means a big storms coming. I guess the dolphins knew.

We dove with BlueXt Sea. Very well run dive op. Raul was a fantastic DM very good eyes found more stuff than I did. We were able to dive our plan with no limits from him. We were very pleased to say the least. Had two boat captains in three days Jaimie (sp) who I had met before as a DM for another dive op and Mago both were excellent. Very helpful getting into the boat.

Christi met us at the pier one day just to say hi.
Christi runs a very tight op. Boat was on time DM left it up to us where we wanted to dive never felt rushed or pushed. First day had 2 other divers with us TXgtr8 and her husband their last day of diving. Second day just us three. third day picked up two more divers from Casa del Mar.
They provided juice/water and snack inbetween dives. The boat Shamu is outfitted with interlocking foam squares for flooring very nice. Chisti had also picked up a fresh water shower while in Houston and that was refreshing after a dive.

Thur night we met Christi and Leonard & Mindy, Element & his wife all from Scubaboard at Casa Denis for dinner, DanL and his wife were there as well and reconized Christi. It was a fun time and was great to meet some fellow Scubaboarders.

It was a great week just too short. Check out and flight back were uneventfull.

Now I need to start a countdown to Roatan in another forum 3wks and counting.......

Hi to everyone I met. Christi you and your friends are in my thoughts. I hope all is well

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom