Cozumel 10 years on and greater than ever.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Dillehay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Buried in the Zika thread is an absolutely inspiring link to a u tube video that documents Hurricane Wilma and the heroic response by all the people of Cozumel. I was there, and watching this video reminds me that it was one of the most inspiring events of my life. For those who love Cozumel and its people you really ought to see this. IT is in the Spanish language but subtitled by Monica Velaso.

I don't know how to post a link but it can be found on u tube "Cozumel 10 years on: greater than ever".

Please watch this, it may bring tears to your eyes.

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers

GREAT VIDEO. Watched it on my big TV rather than on my monitor.

GREAT VIDEO. Watched it on my big TV rather than on my monitor.

Attached is MY favorite photo that I took during the recovery. The sign was on the Coral Princess Hotel and is in Spanish but basically says:

"We were in the eye of Wilma and now we are in the eyes of the world. Let us show them our great strength and love for our precious island".

A truly inspiring time.

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers

coral princess sign.jpg

I remember seeing that video after the hurricane and then I've ran into it again over the years a few times, very inspiring, it's great how people refuse to let a disaster stop them for long. Same thing happened just a couple of years ago in Cabo with Odilie, the people had Cabo back up and running so quickly it reminded me of how Cozumel rebounded in 2005

Thanks for finding/sharing, it was a great video and reminder!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom