Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys continue with your lockdown up there. Should make it nice in Mexico for people from the US of A.

Let’s take a quick Covid look at Canada and the USA and see which tourists Mexico would actually prefer.

B12F1FCA-F84C-48A5-96C3-59008C7BDFC8.jpeg

I was there first week in June and just bought tickets for mid January. Think I should buy the trip insurance? I may not make it til January but the tickets were cheap. You guys continue with your lockdown up there. Should make it nice in Mexico for people from the US of A.
Just to be clear - the lock down allows Canadians to travel anywhere they choose. They just need to quarantine on return to prevent the spread in case they caught something while away.

The flip side is it also prevents US citizens from travelling to Canada as a tourist.

Let’s take a quick Covid look at Canada and the USA and see which tourists Mexico would actually prefer.

View attachment 599878
us_population_2005_lrg.jpg

They would like tourists. They need money. Covid they already have. They would rather have 1.5% of the US population visit than 10% of the Canadian population.

Edit: Funny how NASA was able to map the Covid isn't it?

View attachment 599901

They would like tourists. They need money. Covid they already have. They would rather have 1.5% of the US population visit than 10% of the Canadian population.

Edit: Funny how NASA was able to map the Covid isn't it?

Agreed. They need money. Period. I’ve sent $ help to my favorite DMs.

Let's all remember that Canada has a population of about 38 Million people compared to the US with about 340 Million and that Canada's land mass is about 9,984,670 sq km while United States is approximately 9,833,517 sq km making United States basically the size of Canada.

Let's all remember that Canada has a population of about 38 Million people compared to the US with about 340 Million and that Canada's land mass is about 9,984,670 sq km while United States is approximately 9,833,517 sq km making United States basically the size of Canada.

If you combine the US and Canada, that combined landmass is about half that of Africa. I’m not even sure why I posted this but I guess it’s time for fun facts based on your post. :giggle:

We stay orange for another week - no changes.

We did have two days this week that had less new cases than recovered cases but there's a lot of tests pending.

111160942_2783700818518128_888399754075283095_n.jpg

I'm just wondering if everyone in Houston within a 5 mile radius of IAH could do me a small favor and stop breathing between 19:00 on Aug 17 and 10:00 on Aug 18....
It's just a few hours... Please?

The routes South from Canada are very restricted right now... moreso by the day. My 1 hour layover flights in both directions disappeared last week. Even if we might be slightly more attractive as tourists.... getting there is more than half the battle and well beyond what most would even attempt so far as effort put into taking a vacation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom