Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, if I bail on this trip, I'll table this destination for the foreseeable future. I'm still iffy tho.

True and irrelevant, both. I'll shower a few times a week even in isolation whether I expose myself further or not.

Yeah, I got that email today too along with another from American, then another from American quoting $51 RT fares from DFW to LAX and other hotspots I think would be foolish to visit. Amazingly cheap, but no thanks. I'm becoming more convinced in the airlines doing their part but even less confident that being there in the population doing less. It's all about the odds I know, but I don't want to end up in a Mexican hospital when I can prevent it. I'll watch the show for 10 more days before I decide.

Dear Dandy Don,

Aside from clean air on aircraft try this trick, sit in a window seat far from the sickies walking down the isle and have the overhead vent blowing down on you at full flow—pushing any covid droplets away from you. and at all costs avoid the aisle seat.

dave dillehay

Dear Dandy Don,

Aside from clean air on aircraft try this trick, sit in a window seat far from the sickies walking down the isle and have the overhead vent blowing down on you at full flow—pushing any covid droplets away from you. and at all costs avoid the aisle seat.

dave dillehay
If one is that worried about airplane air, just don a N95 mask on... and protective goggles. Then you can actually be coughed on and showered with COVID particles and still be relatively safe.

We for one have cancelled our usual Christmas/New Yrs trip this year. Postponed it a year -the VRBO host let us move the reservation ahead one year

Weren't too concerned about Covid but I can't take 4 weeks off due to having to quarantine for 14 days when we get home. Not sure how many Canadians will be coming down this winter.

We for one have cancelled our usual Christmas/New Yrs trip this year. Postponed it a year -the VRBO host let us move the reservation ahead one year

Weren't too concerned about Covid but I can't take 4 weeks off due to having to quarantine for 14 days when we get home. Not sure how many Canadians will be coming down this winter.
Wow? That's premature? We too have week before Xmas reservation, but we wont Cnx until the week prior...no penalties on our airfare or resort....

Wow? That's premature? We too have week before Xmas reservation, but we wont Cnx until the week prior...no penalties on our airfare or resort....
Agreed. If we are still on 14 day quarantine on return by Dec, we will likely be getting ready for full ‘walking dead’ :)

Dear Dandy Don,

I used to enjoy window seats until I got stuck between a very fat dude and the bulkhead on a long flight. Never since. I've booked at least one trip using American Basic Economy rules but was able to choose aisle seats within the 24 frame before flight time. I usually pay extra for Main Cabin and advanced seat selections. So why would I not want my usual aisle seat?

If one is that worried about airplane air, just don a N95 mask on... and protective goggles. Then you can actually be coughed on and showered with COVID particles and still be relatively safe.
I have one of those given to me by my brother after they picked up some on an Emergency Room call. I'm saving it and wearing KN95s on shopping and post office runs along with my usual eyeglasses and using hand wipes often.

Nowadays I am more concerned about the local population and mingling tourists not taking all of this seriously. I've been mostly isolated since March 20 and see no reassurance locally or there in dropping that.

That's probably a good call as tough as Canada is dealing with this and the terms of Vrbo contracts. Texas is finally requiring public wearing of masks so the threats have reduced some here, but there are always those renegades who don't and many metro hospitals are full. I've booked a simple room downtown with free cancelation until August 6 or so, so I'm giving myself another nine days to watch.

My primary client also extends the quarantine to any out of province travel. No big deal as the complete company is on a work from home scheme since March.
Real cabin fever can be brutal. I have three relatives near me at higher risk than I am even at my advanced age and poor upkeep so I do their shopping and other errands. I'm enough of a hermit that Day 124 of mostly isolated doesn't bother me, but they only get out for doctor appointments they can't do online. My brother was doing some yardwork until he broke his foot. We have ashes in bags and funerals on hold. I have a 90+ year old uncle who has his needs delivered and is prepared to stay hidden for another year, but it can get rough.

Premature? I can guarantee that the mandatory 14 quarantine order for out of country travel won't be lifted this year and probably going into early 2021. I'm shocked when I talk to people how scared they are. And they are not in the age bracket nor have pre existing conditions that would put them at risk.

I did get $1000 back from Aeroplan (taxes, fees etc) and 180,000 points.

Premature? I can guarantee that the mandatory 14 quarantine order for out of country travel won't be lifted this year and probably going into early 2021. I'm shocked when I talk to people how scared they are. And they are not in the age bracket nor have pre existing conditions that would put them at risk.

I did get $1000 back from Aeroplan (taxes, fees etc) and 180,000 points.
I was there first week in June and just bought tickets for mid January. Think I should buy the trip insurance? I may not make it til January but the tickets were cheap. You guys continue with your lockdown up there. Should make it nice in Mexico for people from the US of A.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom