Cozumel - December - Off Cruise Ship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smlnd

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions on who would be best to contact for one day of diving for three very experienced divers. Anyone done this recently?

BC

smlnd:
Does anyone have any suggestions on who would be best to contact for one day of diving for three very experienced divers. Anyone done this recently?

BC
Hi, My husband and I will be diving there next week. We are going with EagleRay divers. I will post a reply then with more information. I love snorkeling off the shore there several years ago so I am looking forward to diving the wall.
Carol :blinking:

smlnd:

BC

If you're arriving on a cruise your biggest issue will be finding a dive op that will be willing to do a late departure to get you on the boat. The shops that are most service oriented, go to the southern sites and have a max of 6-8 divers do tend to leave by or before 8am.

There are many great dive operators in Cozumel. It really depends on what you want - type of diving, AL80's or larger steel tanks, big boat operator, 6-8 divers max, how much you want to spend, etc. There is a dive op to match virtually all tastes.

If you can be specific about the type of dive op you want, post your question on the main section of the Cozumel sub-forum and you'll get lots of responses. Or, just do a search of that forum and you'll find many recent threads. It's a pretty popular question.

I recommend using the dive op recommended by the cruise ship. You won't have to worry about the ship docking late and you missing the dive boat, nor worry about getting back late and missing the cruise ship. And the cruise company will also only pick excursion partners that are safe and reliable.

It might cost a few extra dollars, but it's worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom