Cozumel-Diver lost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Begin at the beginning, OK? If you KNOW something, post what you know that refutes speculation.

I just read the Por Esto article and saw that the name of the boat the divers went diving on was the Cinpatica. From 1994 to 1999, I dove exclusively with Felipe Quinones and Cinpatica Divers. I made a lot of dives on that old green boat. The article states there were 4 divers in the group and this makes sense because the Cinpatica is not very big. Six to eight divers would be full capacity for this boat.

What we have here, Brian, is a failure to agree. :wink:You like diving with cruise people, fine, be my guest. Have fun.:lotsalove:

Since we do not have any info on this poor lady, we are not sure of very much. Until we know, nothing can be ruled out. n'est ce pas?:eyebrow:

pilot fish-with some of the things I have read that you posted you did, I would not make the :lotsalove: emoticon at anyone...

FWIW on that whole official investigation thing (Note the dates):

COZUMEL, Mexico (3 Mar 2006) -- The Mexican Government claims it is close to resolving the investigation into the death of Croydon-born singer Kirsty MacColl...who died [scuba diving in Cozumel] in December 2000.

Source: ****

FWIW on that whole official investigation thing (Note the dates):

COZUMEL, Mexico (3 Mar 2006) -- The Mexican Government claims it is close to resolving the investigation into the death of Croydon-born singer Kirsty MacColl...who died [scuba diving in Cozumel] in December 2000.
Source: ****

It is ok if Betsy and Bob need to go back a few years so we can begin our informed chat about accidents. Please direct us to some official reports from say the mid 90's or early 90's or late 80's. We can start looking at "official reposts" at whatever date they are available. I am sure Betsy and Bob will be posting those links soon so we can all learn from them.

In addition I am waiting for Betsy and Bob to post and clear up the facts as they know them to be true. Their input of the facts that they know will be really helpful to all us on the board.

It's all coming back to me now, must have gotten a little narc-ed on the Christmas Cozumel
trip. Now I remember why I never got too involved in Boards and Chat Rooms.... LOL

Seriously,
My heart felt sympathy to the Friends and Family.... so tragic.
Peace Everyone....

I meant my last post as simply a comment on the speed and reliability of official investigations in the area, and the potential futility of waiting for such results before discussing an accident.

I did not intend it to relate to anyone who has posted.

If you have facts, share them. If not, let's get back to rumor, speculation and misinformation; the foundation upon which the internet was built.

Uh, I don't think we should hold our breath, huh?:D

It is ok if Betsy and Bob need to go back a few years so we can begin our informed chat about accidents. Please direct us to some official reports from say the mid 90's or early 90's or late 80's. We can start looking at "official reposts" at whatever date they are available. I am sure Betsy and Bob will be posting those links soon so we can all learn from them.

In addition I am waiting for Betsy and Bob to post and clear up the facts as they know them to be true. Their input of the facts that they know will be really helpful to all us on the board.

That reminds me, should I pack my pony tank and suffer the harassement of US/mexican custom this weekend, or should I just risk it and dive without a pony?

I'd pack the pony. I've not had issues traveling with mine. I check it with the valve removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom