Cozumel Diving from a Cruise Ship?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is proving to be tough to accommodate such a late arrival time (10 AM) and early departure time (6 PM).

This is what the various ops state on their website regarding cruise ship passenger dives:

Dive with Martin:

Blue XT Sea Diving:

Dive Paradise boats leave at 8:30 AM.

Aqua Safari boats leave at 8 AM or 8:30 AM.

All of the afternoon boats will return too late for the ship.

Dive Palancar is the most promising, with a boat leaving every 2 hours from 9 AM for 1 and 1/2 hours. So if I can get on the 11 AM boat and do 2 dives, or next choice a dive at 11 AM and then 1 PM, that will be perfect. I sent an email to them, hopefully it will work out.

Thanks for all your help! :)

Have you talked to Blue Angel?

Hi there, I looked at the Blue Angel website, but it looks like the 11 AM boat is a dive/snorkel combo boat, so I envision that as shallow dives going to where they typically take snorkelers - not the best reefs, but I could be wrong:

Blue Angel:
Our trips are 2-tank boat dives that depart our dock at 8 a.m., 11 a.m. (dive / snorkel combo boat) and 1 p.m. Besides our regular NIGHT DIVES every Thursday.

Hi there, I looked at the Blue Angel website, but it looks like the 11 AM boat is a dive/snorkel combo boat, so I envision that as shallow dives going to where they typically take snorkelers - not the best reefs, but I could be wrong:
I am pretty sure they take the snorkelers one place and the divers another.

There really aren't any "bad" dives, so if you go with Blue Angel you'll have nice dives. When the shop I have has snorkelers on board, they usually do a Palancar site more suited for snorkeling so that the divers can dive, the snorkelers can snorkel, and the boat can be "with" both groups. While the divers SI, the snorkelers are taken to a good spot to snorkel. When the divers do their second tank, it's at a shallower reef and I think the reef is usually chosen so that the snorkeling will be "ok".

An 11am boat is odd for most shops so Blue Angel sounds like a great bet on a good trip for your late arrival to Cozumel. Makes me think that they know there are a number of late arrival ships, so they've made provision for that by having an 11am boat. Smart. If it's just because they know there are divers that want to get up late, take their time, do a couple dives, get back early afternoon, smarter yet. My nirvana would be a 10am boat that goes out for 3 tanks. Tank, lunch, Tank, Beach SI, Tank, home by 5:00. Shower, supper, sleep, repeat.

Back
Top Bottom