Cozumel equipment failure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't do overhead dives without overhead training and appropriate equipment?

And for those following my prior rant, this is Yet Another A&I entry that wouldn't exist if people followed their training recommendations.

flots.

And there would be no unwanted pregnancies if people only had sex when they were trying to have a baby.

Many thousands of people dive the swim throughs of Cozumel and elsewhere throughout the world every year without incident. Some are only a couple of feet long. Some are longer. They are extremely popular attractions. Do you really think the solution is to tell everyone to just say no?

:thumb: Perfect! Just Perfect!

... on 4' Miflex hoses, that way, since the octos work upside down as well as right side up, they don't have to be the 'traditional' 5 or 7' 'techie' long hose lengths....and they are sufficiently long enough for 2 divers to traverse a restriction/swimthrough single-file, without the extra bulk/complexity of the 'traditional' long hose.

How do 2, 6 foot divers share air single file using a 4 foot hose?

I know miflex hoses are flexible but never realized they are elastic as well. :D

And there would be no unwanted pregnancies if people only had sex when they were trying to have a baby.

Many thousands of people dive the swim throughs of Cozumel and elsewhere throughout the world every year without incident. Some are only a couple of feet long. Some are longer. They are extremely popular attractions. Do you really think the solution is to tell everyone to just say no?

I have no problem with short, wide swimthroughs where you can see the exit from the entrance.

However for the "magic" "follow me!" swimthroughs that become mostly vertical, single file with no light, no way to back up and no way to get out in an emergency, yeah, "just say no" is completely appropriate.

flots

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom