Cozumel Flights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Take an economics class and open the textbook to the chapter titled "Supply & Demand" If that makes sense, try to apply that to the airline industry. If you can make any sense out of the airline industry pricing practices you deserve a Nobel Prize or a free oil change of equal or greater value.

Good Luck

Rich

Cancun is much bigger airport (2nd busiest in Mexico I believe) so you have a lot more options there. Cozumel by contrast is a small airport with limited flights.

The bus from Cancun Airport (ADO) to Playa Del Carmen cost 100 pesos (about 8USD) and I believe the ferry to Cozumel cost around 12USD. Ferries run approximately every hour and I think it's the same for the bus so if two hours of your time and 20USD is worth it fly into Cancun save yourself 100USD-300USD.

Does the customs at cancun usually take so long?
When I flew into COZ it went pretty quick maybe 30 minutes and I was at the back of the line.
I may try the "bag drag" myself. But for me the price was only a $70 difference and $20 each way from Can/COZ and back RT is $40. Not worth it for a savings of $30 to me. Probably not even for $100, but over that price it would be worth it.

Customs in Cancun should be under 30 minutes as well.

Airlines price each market differently but from Houston there are times when CZM is significantly higher than CUN and then there are times when they are priced identical. Who knows why it varies but it does. I have generally found the best fares from 4 to 8 weeks before departure. Farther out than that and they are still seeing how many seats they can sell at higher fares, closer than that and they figure you are desperate. Maybe they are fairly full on CZM flights but have so many empty seats on CUN flights that they can't pull the discount fares yet.

USAir used to have two flights a week going and I did notice that when they dropped it to one per week (to keep the plane full, I imagine) is about the same time the prices started to climb.

Check my posting (Blue Angel) about the trip I just took from Cancun to Cozumel. I didn't enjoy the experience but to each their own. Customs took about 60 minutes and somebody posted it once took 3 hrs. The rest would have been okay, but the boat ride was really bad with the high winds. Just my 2 cents.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom