Cozumel Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrasch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am getting my certification in preparation for my cruise in November. My friend has been on several dives in guam and wanted to go while on the cruise so I figured why not get into this fun world.

The question is we are taking Carnival and they offer an excursion for a 2 tank dive how ever the reviews are mixed. My friend wants to try and book with an outside source however our concern is if we miss the boat coming back. What is everyone's experience on this scenario? I like the idea of booking outside to try and get more dive time but again I dont want to be stuck in Cozumel trying to get out if we miss the cruise.

Thanks in advance.

There will be no problem getting just about any shop to fit your diving in with the ship's schedule. In fact I have never, in 20 years here, known of a diver missing the boat because of diving schedule.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Bienvenidos - Aldora Divers | Only the best of Cozumel

Dive ops on Cozumel are very much aware of the cruise ship schedules and know how important it is to get their customers back to the ship on time. Take a look at the many posts regarding cruise ship divers and come up with a short list of 3-5 Dive ops that appeal to you. When you contact your chosen Dive Ops Include: Date you are in Port, Name of Cruise Line/Ship, How many divers, How many dives/dive cert level/experience, what rental equipment if needed. Do include the posted ship time arrival and departure , however, keep in mind that ship time and actual time may be different. Best bet is to confirm the dive time with the Dive Op and stick to it as they have the experience with this. Once you have a reservation your Dive Op most likely send to you information on where, when and how to get to your meeting spot such as the Caleta Marina or local pier. Do make sure to confirm your contact information and arrange access to the internet on the ship. Then let your Dive Op know that you will check your email from the ship prior to arrival. ie: night before and morning of arrival. This way, if there is a last minute change of plan you are all on the same page.

No worries ! Best Wishes to you !

Sue

Last edited:
Please notice that I Liked both posts. Well covered.... :thumb:

Way to go Brules...I forgot that part!

Dave Dillehay

Now I have to like all the previous posts.
Nothing left to say about the matter if you ask me.

I would wager that Carlos N Charlies and Senior Frogs have made more cruise shippers late than all dive shops combined lol.

New cruisers are often terrified of missing the ship. I'm of the opinion that the most common reason for missing the ship is becoming so inebriated that you forget you were on a ship to begin with. The state of some of the people who are reboarding in stops like Cozumel and Nassau is scary...

Unless the ship has an unusually short port time, independent is the way to go in Cozumel.

From the Park Royal where we stay, when we hear the boats blow thier horns, we head to the pool closest to the boats to watch for pod people running. It's quite fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom