Cozumel here we come! (in 4 months)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottbeach

Contributor
Reaction score
Yee-Hah! Just booked flights to Cozumel in late July.

We are however homeless! Does anyone know of a good hotel with a nice beach. I haven't gotten my wife to buy into the spartan joys of "dive hotels" yet, even though she dives.

Ideally it would be a quiet place without a ton of cruise ship "squatters" (you know, use "free" hotel services like the pool and beach chairs crowding out paying customers).

Thanks in advance.

For years I have recommended LaCeiba/ElCid Hotel but when I was there in Sept. the cruisers has pretty much taken it over.

Recommendations depend on your budget. I don't have any experience with all-inclusives but El Presidente gets rave reviews.

For mid-range expense, the Plaza Las Glorias, Fiesta Americana, and Costa Club get good reviews. Casa Del Mar usually has a few good deals going although it has a pool but is across the road from the beach.

For a dive operation I can highly recommend Caballito del Caribe, my personal favorite. Then there's Papa Hog's. Click here for a panoramic view around Papa Hog's.

And you can't go to Coz without The Can-do Coz Map.

Have a great time!

Just got back from Coz. We were at the Costa Club nice place, big pool,good food, nice clean rooms. I`s not right on the beach but they have a walk way under the street so you dont have to worry about the traffic. they have a small pier whoever you dive with will pick you up right there. We always use Dive with Martin. have fun and dive safe.

Thanks Max.

Does Costa have more of a beach than Plaza Las Glorias (who doesn't seem to have one at all).

click on the url to get yourself some info on the land of Coz
http://www.cozumel.travelnotes.cc/cgi-local/index.cgi
and rent a car when your there! best way to enjoy the Island.
Book your car online so you can get confirmation #.
It is half the price with your confimation #
if you just show up they will charge you what they, want.
The confirmation # guarantees you the price.
Avis/national are both good.
have fun

I liked the Fiesta Americana although it isn't far from were cruise ships dock I Didn't have a problem. I think Aquaworld sweeps most of their divers away.

After many tough hours of negotiation with my wife, I gave in.

We will be a the Iberostar Cozumel from 20th to the 28th of July. Natasha set everything up and its a pretty good deal for an all-inclusive. MUCH better than the inclusives in the bahamas or jamaica!

I'm certain you will both have a wonderful time that is a very nice resort, If only all compromises were so easy. Wish I were going with you.
Steve

Back
Top Bottom