Cozumel In Ultra HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great Video! Love the shots with sun above. Was that one little critter on the move a Mantis Shrimp? I've seen them poking up and down looking out of their holes but never seen one out on the move like that if that was one.

Hero4 Black. Filter From Snake River Prototyping SWCY ( Shallow water Cyan) with a Pair of Sola 2000's. I use a the Cyan filter ( darker orange filter for when using in water deeper than 30 feet and without lights.

Thanks. Good gear! It's amazing what filters can do today for underwater photography. So much better than what we had 20 years. Yes, I use the Cyan filter as well when going deep (below 1 bar).

What did you film it at? 4k 30p or what?

Yes, it's all in the description of the video.

Great Video! Love the shots with sun above. Was that one little critter on the move a Mantis Shrimp? I've seen them poking up and down looking out of their holes but never seen one out on the move like that if that was one.

Yes I believe that was a little mantis shrimp out in the open!!!

Thanks. Good gear! It's amazing what filters can do today for underwater photography. So much better than what we had 20 years. Yes, I use the Cyan filter as well when going deep (below 1 bar).

There are two Cyan filters that I use. The shallow filter (SWCY) one i can still use with the lights! The darker cyan filter i use at deeper deeps but without the lights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I believe that was a little mantis shrimp out in the open!!!

Yes... I just looked again.. at the 2:15 - 2:20 mark he turned his head - definitely a Mantis Shrimp. 15 years of diving Coz and I've never seen one out in the open like that. Great footage.

Yes... I just looked again.. at the 2:15 - 2:20 mark he turned his head - definitely a Mantis Shrimp. 15 years of diving Coz and I've never seen one out in the open like that. Great footage.
Yes, Ive seen one Mantis Shrimp, and as I moved slowly in to take the shot, I noticed water rolling around in my dome port. The Mantis Shrimp was quickly forgotten, and my flooded housing took my attention. Havent seen one since!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom