Cozumel Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DavidPT40

Contributor
Reaction score
Took about 220 pics on my first trip to the Caribbean. Absolutely loved it. Was 27 degrees when I took off, 88 when I landed. Got a chance to use my new camera I got for Christmas. Saw a spotted eagle ray, poisonous sea snake, couple of eels, crabs, lobsters, and lots of fish (including sea horses). Didnt see any sharks though :(

dave.JPG

Pic of me 60 feet down.

reefA.JPG

Neat little reef on a shore dive.

crab.JPG

This crab was the size of a small dog. Its claws were bigger than my hands.

Jeff.JPG

My dive buddy.

hotel.JPG

My hotel.

ocean.JPG

Picture of the caribbean sea.

town.JPG

The town.

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing. What's the hotel's name?

In Cozumel, all the reefs are located on the channel side of the island. There is a national park where you do shore diving. I went out on the dive boat three times, each time doing two dives. Its all drift diving. As soon as you jump in the water, the current pushes you along *fast*. I'll do a comprehensive post of the dives with more pictures. Palancar reef was very nice, with lots of swim-through caves and huge coral. Lots of wall diving down there also. Top of the wall (its more of a slope actually) might be at 60 feet, and the bottom of the wall might be at 1600 feet. Visibility when I went was 100+. Saw an eagle ray that was swimming at about 200 feet.

David, how about more of those 220 pics?? Do you have them uploaded online somewhere? I'd love to browse through them!!!!!

Another Cozumel junky.

Enjoyed your pics. Excellent!

Did you dive with Dive House? What did you think?
Might change the Freeport countdown and go back to Coz again..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom