Cozumel November 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got here yesterday--rain, rain, and more rain today,
and looks like rain for next few days!
But we are in Coz, not the 30 degree weather at home!

Frank

Too bad Frank. The forecast looks very mixed for this week- and a bit spotty for the following week (when we arrive) as well.

Oh no, it's supposed to rain the week of nov 2-9? That's when I'm supposed to be there. Do they tend to cancel dives when it rains then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Why cancel a dive for rain? There is a 100% chance of getting wet on a dive. In September (which this year was a 'build an Arc' event) on the heavier rain / overcast days it was like a twilight dive. I would see lobsters, eels and suicidal Lion fish that would be out in the open. Rarely does a dive OP cancel for rain (average temp is near 80) the down side is an El Norte, which according to Windguru is not expected. I will be back next week and I expect the diving to be great, as usual. If the sea conditions are not rough and the dive OP cancels switch over to a better OP, like Tres Pelicanos. Sometimes the cancelation is due to lack of customers for the fuel bill, not the Sea conditions.

Why cancel a dive for rain? There is a 100% chance of getting wet on a dive. In September (which this year was a 'build an Arc' event) on the heavier rain / overcast days it was like a twilight dive. I would see lobsters, eels and suicidal Lion fish that would be out in the open. Rarely does a dive OP cancel for rain (average temp is near 80) the down side is an El Norte, which according to Windguru is not expected. I will be back next week and I expect the diving to be great, as usual. If the sea conditions are not rough and the dive OP cancels switch over to a better OP, like Tres Pelicanos. Sometimes the cancelation is due to lack of customers for the fuel bill, not the Sea conditions.

Okay good to know. I'm diving with Scuba Club Cozumel and I've heard great things about them. I've just run into so many roadblocks with my trip thus far that I was disappointed to read about the rain.

One question: I'm at the tail end of a mild head cold - can I bring Sudafed into Cozumel, since I heard it's illegal to buy it in Mexico? Or will it be confiscated at the airport?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I always bring Sudafed down with no problems. They banned it as a face saving gesture after it became known they were ‘blind eyeing’ the container ships from China bring in the bulk precursor’s for the Mega Meth labs, it’s a tongue and cheek ban, provided you are not transporting quantity, customs is not interested.

Partly cloudy this am, but forecast is 90% rain.
Only bad part of diving in rain is back on boat and getting chilled.

Frank

Last edited:
Change of plans for me. Was looking for a dive op that provided transportation from the north end of the island (Melia.) Originally was going to take a taxi and dive with Raul at bottomtimedivers, but found that Pro Dive Mexico has a dive center located in Melia Cozumel Resort and only charges $10 for transportation for the day to the Allegro Cozumel Resort in the south where they depart from.

Hope everyone has a great time that's going to Coz!!

Back
Top Bottom