Cozumel photo of the day --- Cozumel underwater color

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Since someone had mentioned in another thread that they thought Cozumel was rather drab, let's show them some photos of color...

120401_Reef_0242.jpg

robin

Who was it who recently said that Cozumel was barren of color?

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Most photos look better than what most divers actually see while diving because of the artificial lights. Even in relatively shallow water, the difference is significant. Look at this clip and you can see the blue-green lack of color of the reef until the lights get close enough to illuminate the colors. I actually prefer to dive with my video rig because of the color.

Turn the hd on by clicking on the link to vimeo

[vimeo]49990060[/vimeo]

Who was it who recently said that Cozumel was barren of color?

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

There is a thread start in the Coz forum titled "Really confused about Kona, Hawaii vs Cozumel?" by a person who is trying to decide whether to go to Hawaii or Coz. Here's an excerpt from her post:

We are planning to take a 1 week diving trip from San Francisco mid April, and we were considering either Kona or Cozumel. Looking at the comments / posts here (people saying Cozumel is much better), we have started looking at hotels / flights / diving packages for Cozumel and I got confused, so let me summarize my thoughts so far:

1. Dive Quality: People say Cozumel is way nicer than Kona for scuba, but looking at the videos posted on Youtube, I could not see the WOW effect for Cozumel? I mean, reefs look washed out, there are different species but you don't see much life (like a few fish here and there), etc. Kona videos have much wider range of corals and again much more lively than Cozumel? I have checked out dozens of videos for each, and as I was saying Cozumel looked pretty bleak to me? Ah, also, not to mention Kona has that spectacular manta dive
03.gif

She must be viewing the vids on a black and white monitor :shakehead:!!

IMG_0550v1.JPG

IMG_0551v1.JPG

IMG_0774v1.JPG

IMG_2353v1.JPG

IMG_2537v1.JPG

IMG_3289v1.JPG

IMG_3150v1.JPG

I should have a few more once I edit my photos from the last 2 weeks. Woke up to roughly 20 C yesterday and it was -20 C this morning when I got up. Snow scheduled for tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom