Cozumel Rash/Little Bumps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I am confused on who is saying what to whom exactly, but I would like more info on this...

Having the wound crust over sounds normal to me* and I've been using Hydrocortizone cream or ointment to relieve pain, then waiting for the pain to pass in a few days, the for new skin in a few weeks. So what is better about the "8 hour cream - skin protectant" (sic)...? Faster pain relieve, faster healing, both? Google spelling does not like the work spelled that way, and I am on ATT dial-up today so I am not searching today; is that the word on the tube?

* I had a similar burn on my forehead once, from doing a 6 ft high stride into a jellyfish or something off of NC. Pain, treatment, crusting, new skin in a month - same old drill I always have from those.
Don - After diving all week in Cozumel the day I was leaving Sunday Sept 12, 2010 I noticed the beginning of a rash under my watch band. I'll post the pictures when my headache goes away. Anyway, we got home on the 13th and I took pictures of the rash. It was very red, blistering and just nasty looking. I already suspected the black coral but I starting putting on benydryl to help heal it. I showed my wife who works at Elizabeth Arden and she suggested I try this 8 hour skin protectent. Well - I was like everybody else here, I wasn't putting makeup on. But she assured me it wasn't makeup it was a brown gel. So I put some on Monday the day I got home. It burned a bit but the itch and burn went away within 5 minutes or so. The next day I could see it was beginning to heal already and had scabbed over. On the third day I could peel the dead skin off and on the fourth day the only thing left was the outline of the rash. I had no itching or burning but I put it on every night before bed. On the fifth day it was completely gone. Needless to say I was very suprised and that's why I wanted to share with the others that get this in Cozumel. I'm sure it's good for other things, but so far I've only used it on the rash and some bad sunburn on my neck. It worked great on both and you can't see it after you rub it in. Like it said, it's a green gel in a tube - it costs 17 dollars at Elizabeth Arden stores. This week if you take in some clothes for the salvation army you'll get a 30 percent discount.

Happy Diving!
-Jeff

The exact name of it is.....Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream - Skin Protectant. And yes, it stops the pain or itch immediately and healed mine within 4 days. My rash was three inches long and the width of my watch band - about 3/4 of an inch.

-Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom