Cozumel Report (March 18-25, Large Pictures Included)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H20Bubbles

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So we are back from our week and wedding in Cozumel, and I have to say that I am having a hard time staying focused on work at the moment.

First off, I have to say a HUGE thank you to everyone at Blue XT Sea Diving. You all made not only the diving, but the whole experience for our wedding guests quite special. An "extra special thanks" especially goes out to Christi. She went far out of her way to not only make the diving great, but also helped us pull together an amazing rehearsal dinner for our wedding group as well (24 people). Everything you read about her customer service here on ScubaBoards is totally true - and both Marie and I consider ourselves truly lucky to have met her. It was hard saying goodbye on Friday - though I can guarantee we will come back to dive with her again.

Now a little about the diving....

We got in 11 dives over the 5 days we had available for diving. We had two people complete their OW certifications, two people complete their AOW certifications, two people just diving, and two people do an introduction to Scuba class (separate from the others). Christi was able to work her schedules so that our main diving party (even with instruction) always ended up on the morning boat together. Many times the ratio of instructors/dive masters to divers on the boat was silly (1:2). It was especially nice getting to dive a number of times with Christi herself - though we need to find a way to get you out of the office more. :wink:

During the week, we dove Palancar Gardens, Palancar Bricks, Palancar Horseshoe, Santa Rosa, San Francisco, Tormentos, La Francesa, Paso del Cedral, Chankanaab, Paradise (night).

In coming back and reading about the Hiroshima of diving - I can honestly say we just don't agree and didn't see it. As everyone (or at least 99.985% of everyone) will say and agree... there was damage, but on almost all of our dives the reef and corals looked to be doing well, and the fish and aquatics were plentiful. During the dives, we were fortunate to encounter Southern Stingrays, Eagle Rays, Nurse Shark, Turtles, Green Moray Eels, Spotted Snowflake Eels, Snake Eels, Turtles (a number of them, including to territorial males), Sea Cucumbers, Crabs, Lobster, and more.

The one exception to the quality of diving that we did notice was Chankanaab. Unfortunately, this reef was hit hard and shows the signs of the hurricane. Though there were still a number of large crabs and lobster, the reef and other fish life were slim. Very unfortunate to see how badly this area was hit.

Here are the highlights from the trip...

The following photos were taken on Santa Rosa on March 21.

Santa_Rosa_Swim_Through_sm.jpg

Tube_Sponge_at_Santa_Rosa_sm.jpg

Swim_Through_at_Santa_Rosa_sm.jpg

IMG_0095_sm.jpg

IMG_0093_sm.jpg

IMG_0084_sm.jpg

Cow_Fish_at_Santa_Rosa_sm.jpg

Corals_at_Santa_Rosa_sm.jpg

Anemone_at_Santa_Rosa_sm.jpg

Gorgonian_at_Santa_Rosa_sm.jpg

Gorgonian_at_Santa_Rosa_2.JPG

The following photos were taken on San Francisco on March 22.

Squirrel_Fish_at_San_Francisco_sm.jpg

Scoripion_Fish_at_San_Francisco_sm.jpg

Queen_Angel_at_San_Francisco_sm.jpg

Anemone_at_San_Francisco_sm.jpg

Anemone_at_San_Francisco_3_sm.jpg

Anemone_at_San_Francisco_2_sm.jpg

Wow, awesome pics!!!!! After the all negative talk it's nice to see some good photos of Coz!!!! Thanks

Divingnthedark:
GREAT trip report!!! That rock fish is really blending in....way cool

I didn't even notice that until you said something. That has to be the best camouflage I've ever seen!!!! :D

divnamite:
What camera are you using? They look very nice.

It is a Canon PowerShot A620, with an Ikelite DS-50 stobe, and Canon WP-DC90 housing.

Back
Top Bottom