cozumel report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texas-buzzard

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I called hotel cozumel concerned about the situation and the
man said that everything was ok and in town. some flooding
in certain areas but over all should be no problem by the weekend. don't no if he is blowing smoke but i'm out a grand to find out. we are diving with Christi at hotel cozy. jun 21-25 :10:

texas-buzzard:
I called hotel cozumel concerned about the situation and the
man said that everything was ok and in town. some flooding
in certain areas but over all should be no problem by the weekend. don't no if he is blowing smoke but i'm out a grand to find out. we are diving with Christi at hotel cozy. jun 21-25 :10:

I'm scheduled to arrive Friday the 18th to the Hotel Cozumel aswell. I called them and just like they told you they said that everything was OK and drying up.

At this point I don't know what to think since last year when the Hurricane was due to hit they said oh everthing is fine, don't worry, even though they were taping the glass and putting boards up.

you is probably right z28, but if i don't go say goodby to some big bucks. if you go how long will you be there and who are you diving with. Christi should be contacting me and she speaks the truth. cozy usually recovers pretty fast as we are the main source of income. my understanding is that no one got hurt :10: vis might not be up to snuff but no problem.

z28pwr:
I'm scheduled to arrive Friday the 18th to the Hotel Cozumel aswell. I called them and just like they told you they said that everything was OK and drying up.

At this point I don't know what to think since last year when the Hurricane was due to hit they said oh everthing is fine, don't worry, even though they were taping the glass and putting boards up.

z28pwr everything will probably be ok by the time you get there. Alot of the problems were in the northern hotel zone. At least it will be better than the San Marcos river we dove in last spring remember that?

BTW Texas-Buzzard is my little brother. You guys need to hook up and have a beer while your there. We were there last week and it was blue clear skies and mild current. Have fun.
Ann

texas-buzzard:
you is probably right z28, but if i don't go say goodby to some big bucks. if you go how long will you be there and who are you diving with. Christi should be contacting me and she speaks the truth. cozy usually recovers pretty fast as we are the main source of income. my understanding is that no one got hurt :10: vis might not be up to snuff but no problem.

I'm supposed to be there from the 18th - 25th . The good thing is I got the travel insurance, therefore I can re-schedule if needed.

parrotheaddiver:
z28pwr everything will probably be ok by the time you get there. Alot of the problems were in the northern hotel zone. At least it will be better than the San Marcos river we dove in last spring remember that?

BTW Texas-Buzzard is my little brother. You guys need to hook up and have a beer while your there. We were there last week and it was blue clear skies and mild current. Have fun.
Ann

What a small world, Texas Buzzard, we should meet up for a beer while in Coz. :dazzler1:

How was your stay last week in CZM, did you guys get the rain ? I'm sure vis will be better then san marcos :wink: , but I was really looking forward to that nice 150 ft of vis.

The hotel is fine.....3 days of mashed paotatoes and beef got old pretty quick. The cable was out last night and this morning and the hot tub was also broken, other then that the property is OK.

Rick

hey z28, the beer is on me lol. Rick thanks for the report, who needs cable anyway. but they better have the hot tub fixed.

shleprock30:
The hotel is fine.....3 days of mashed paotatoes and beef got old pretty quick. The cable was out last night and this morning and the hot tub was also broken, other then that the property is OK.

Rick

Hey the hot tub was working fine when we left. Did you break it cause you couldn't dive. :wink: I hope your ear is better how was the flight back?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom