Cozumel resort/dive centre for new Open Water divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can someone please recommend an all-inclusive resort and dive operator in Cozumel for my buddy to do her open water check-out dive cert at? She has done her class and pool here in Canada and has a referral to do her check out dives abroad. We were thinking Cozumel might be a good place for her to do her open water dives and for me (a more experienced diver) to do some good diving as well.

I'm willing to bet you can find someone to swear by pretty much every resort and dive op on the island.... It's a Mecca for divers, so finding a good dive op is about as easy as dropping a rock on your own foot.

The Sabor is very nice, if you plan to stay at the resort when you're not diving. It's way south, so the taxi rides add up if you spend a lot of time in town.

Hotel Cozumel is another excellent choice, if you prefer to stay closer to downtown.

Many people will scoff at the idea of an AI on Cozumel, touting the many fine local eateries. They're right. There are tons of great places to eat. Personally, we still like the AI places for the convenience, even though we still go out a lot.

The resorts pretty much all have in-house dive ops, and I suspect you'll be happy diving with them. But for us, we dive with Aldora Divers. Fast boats, big (steel HP120) tanks, excellent staff, pick up at your resorts pier, boat dives on the east side if the port happens to be closed, and (brand new!) their own fill station, with 'guaranteed clean air or your dive is free' air and nitrox fills.

If your schedule fits, you ought to look into the SB Invasion. I think that would be a safe bet for good diving and great fun.

Can someone please recommend an all-inclusive resort and dive operator in Cozumel for my buddy to do her open water check-out dive cert at? She has done her class and pool here in Canada and has a referral to do her check out dives abroad. We were thinking Cozumel might be a good place for her to do her open water dives and for me (a more experienced diver) to do some good diving as well.

I suggest you re-post your question on the main Cozumel forum here:

Cozumel

You might get more responses...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom