Cozumel Rookie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BungyJumper

Reaction score
Howdy all, this is my first post to ScubaBoard. I'm traveling to Cozumel for the first time later this month. Can anyone give me first-hand knowledge of Scuba Du, the dive operator located at the El Presidente hotel? My wife will be doing her open water cert dives during this trip and I want to make sure it will be a good experience. Thanks!

Welcome to the board!
I have never dove with Scuba Du but have heard they are a good operation.
Have fun in The Coz!

Joe

Sorry, don't know anything about Scuba Du. I was there less than a week ago and dove with Deep Blue. Just wanted to warn you that you're going to love diving in Cozumel. Good luck finding the info you want and have fun!!

use the search function under Cozumel and you'll find a number of posts on SD. Decent baby sitting operator for newer divers. Experienced divers will not be as happy. They have larger boats and pre-determined dive sites.

Welcome to Scubaboard! I was just at the El Presidente over Easter. Make sure you ask for a room upgrade. The dive op look pretty good. They were trying to get people to try a free resort course in the pool, etc. I didn't hear anyone complain about the op around the pool. The boats left at about 8:30 a.m. and I think they do the interval back at the hotel. If you have kids make sure and take advantage of the Kids Club. My two boys loved it! Hope that helps. Let me know if there is anything I can tell you about the hotel that might help.

Scuba Du is great for newer divers... got certified with them last spring.

Marcella did our OW certification dives w/ us and she was great.

Geovanni was our favorite DM on the boats.

Have a good time! It is the nicest hotel on the island and has GREAT shore diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom