Cozumel shore diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't forget to bring a flashlight day or night......lots of stuff to see in cracks, crevices and holes!!!! Sleeping Octos are much easier to find sometimes with a light!

I don't know if it has been destroyed by storms or not, but there used to be a cool little shore dive at the El Cid Hotel dock. There was an airplane that was apparently "crashed" for a movie many years ago and it is (was) about 50 yards offshore (about "11 o'clock" from the dock) and in about 50' of water.

I've enjoyed shorediving right at Villa Aldora. Lots of macro photo opportunities. You can spend hours of great shallow shore diving there.
Cheers.

I don't know if it has been destroyed by storms or not, but there used to be a cool little shore dive at the El Cid Hotel dock. There was an airplane that was apparently "crashed" for a movie many years ago and it is (was) about 50 yards offshore (about "11 o'clock" from the dock) and in about 50' of water.

That airplane looked like a broken shopping cart well before Hurricane Wilma in 2005. What was left is gone now.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

That airplane looked like a broken shopping cart well before Hurricane Wilma in 2005. What was left is gone now.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers
That's too bad. It was a cool (and easy) dive. Thanks for the update.

I've enjoyed shorediving right at Villa Aldora. Lots of macro photo opportunities. You can spend hours of great shallow shore diving there.
Cheers.

Yes, it is a great shore dive, especially at night in the habitat of my 4 destroyed docks. Easy in, easy out with stairs. We also keep very small HP80 tanks there at all times and anyone diving with Aldora, no matter where you are staying are welcome—free of course!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Yes, it is a great shore dive, especially at night in the habitat of my 4 destroyed docks. Easy in, easy out with stairs. We also keep very small HP80 tanks there at all times and anyone diving with Aldora, no matter where you are staying are welcome—free of course!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers
+1 on that Dave. We have enjoyed not onlly diving with Aldora, but being able to dive at the villa. A very nice dive, thank you!

Was at plane last summer on shore dive, part of a wing, and some bits and pieces are all that is left. Used to be a super cool shore dive!

Robin--Is the SCC shore dive area fenced in? If I started further south and drifted north, could I end up in the SCC shore dive area?

best shore diving is right at SCC. When we go there, we dive the house reef at least once a day, sometimes twice.

My video tour:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom