Cozumel: sol Carribe diving options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dfepeman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Folks:

I'm going to be staying north of San Miguel, at the sol Cabanas hotel. It looked like a nice place, but the drawback was being further away from the reefs. What I want to know is whether I should stick with Sand Dollar Sports, which services this Hotel, or taxi down to one of the other dive operations. Also, are there other dive-related issues I should be concerned with staying up in this area?

Any helpful advice is greatly appreciated!

Dean

Hi Dean,

Yes, it's a quite a long boat ride down to the southern reefs that have, on balance, the best sites. There are a couple of advanced sites up north, but a number of factors weigh on whether you'll go to these or not. The mid-reefs are, IMHO, just okay.

Sand Dollar Sports is not among the elite ops on the island, and those ops will not come that far north to pick you up unless they are headed that way, which they mostly are not. Taxiing into town is they way to do it.

I'd suggest looking into Deep Blue, Dive With Martin, Sea Urchin & Aldora.

You're going to love Coz.

DocVikingo

I just returned from coz 3 weeks ago. the diving was excellent.
Did a few dives with deep blue the dive master was pepe. He was strick about staying off the bottom but he took us into some large coral formations almost cave like I was surprised. also there boats are fast enough to get you to some of the southern dive sites. I would recommend deep blue. I had few problems with black shark I wouldnt use them.

Good luck

Thanks for the input. I had read about one diver who stayed at Cabanas who had dive trips canceled by Sand Dollar. I will look into these other dive operations and see which to go with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom