Cozumel Trip Report 6/4 -6/11 2010 with pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's up with the currents..or whatever is causing you not to be able to do SI on the beach??!

The boat we are on is top heavy, so when there is alot of wind it bouncs the boat around to much against the pier. We are on the Anna Maria III wich is there biggest boat and we have a group 8 divers. Sadly, there will be pleanty of Lionfish for you to see.

Hi jhayes,

Can you please explain what specifically was going on with the currents at Santa Rosa that day?

Nice pics by the way - that grouper looks very well fed. Thanks for posting them!

The current was too fast and we just decided to wait to tomorow to dive it. There was also a great chance for strong down currents and we don't like to take risk if we don't have to. I like to drift slowly for pictures and enjoy the reef rather than fly by it.

Nice trip report Jason!! We've had some great dives so far, and some really crazy currents as well!! We did Dalila as our 2nd dive today, and we were just flying along!! And Sunday on Las Palmas it was like a washing machine! Also today, we were finishing a dive on Palancar Bricks and apparently a DM on another boat was stung badly by a Lionfish. Poor guy was in tremendous pain! He caught and killed two, but paid badly for it!

Nice trip report Jason!! We've had some great dives so far, and some really crazy currents as well!! We did Dalila as our 2nd dive today, and we were just flying along!! And Sunday on Las Palmas it was like a washing machine! Also today, we were finishing a dive on Palancar Bricks and apparently a DM on another boat was stung badly by a Lionfish. Poor guy was in tremendous pain! He caught and killed two, but paid badly for it!

Thanks. So far the sites that were chosen have had really nice easy flow. I don't know how david hasn't been stung yet. He gets way to close these guys. Cups his hands under and carries them into the net.

I see you are from the Austin area. I am diving with a diveshop owner from Austin named Billy.

Wicked currents today. We started on Santa Rosa Wall but got off of it because of the currents were super strong. Not much of a photo day.First dive 57 min max depth of 65 at 83*. The second dive was 58 min max depth of 57 at 83*. We did not see any lionfish today.

PICT0044.jpg

PICT0019.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

PICT0013.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0023.jpg

Reading your TR update before going to bed has been my treat these past few days. Thank you for posting.

We come down next Wed (16 June) looks like you were wearing a 3mm shortie? Guess the skins won't be warm enough. Your 83* is that the water temp? So ready to dive, its been 5 months, had planned to go in May, but the Iceland volcano screwed up our home time and then my Mom had to go into a nursing home & we had to move all her stuff into a storage place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom