Cozumel vs. Bonaire vs ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vic said he has already been to Cozumel..that's why I only told him about Bonaire.

Vic, your description of what you want sounds like Bonaire to me. Great diving, relaxed, go when and where you want and just kick back and enjoy. One warning...Bonaire is addictive!

One thing you didn't mention is the type of diving you wanted to do. I just returned from a week in Bonaire with my dive buddy and we went to Bonaire because it gave us maximum choices and flexibility. If you want to choose the number of dives you get in, dive when you want, and don't want to be with the same group all day choose Bonaire. If you want a more structured diving from boats, choose Cozumel.

Although Mexico would have been a lot easier for me to reach, Bonaire was a great choice.

You may also want to visit:
http://www.bonairetalk.com/cgi-local/bbs/discus.cgi?pg=topics
For more info on the island.

Either way, happy diving.

Rob.

Just got back from Bonaire. What a wonderful place! Airfare will cost you $$$. It's not the best place if you are looking for value. It runs about $550-600pp My husband and I did all shore diving for 10 days for a grand total of 28 dives! We where exhausted but it was well worth it. We stayed at the Divi Flamingo. Great place. They have a great dive shop...2 tank dives in the am and 1 tank in the afternoon.

Bonaire is more $$, but if you are going to go in Sept, you'd be sure to have good weather as it isn't in the hurricane belt.

The food in Bonarie is great! We'd eat a big b/fast at the hotel in the am, pack snacks for lunch while we were out for the day, and then we'd go out for a nice dinner. We saved $$ by hitting the grocery store and buying snacks and drinks rather thank going our for lunch everyday. We found some really fabulous restaurants for dinner.

Thank you Micheal and Funky, your info is greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom