Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Once again its whale shark season in the the Mexican Caribbean. As in past years Blue H2o Cozumel is giving a 10% discount for Scubaboard members. Plan and book now for a once in a lifetime experience. Group rates available. www.blueh2ocozumel.com

I thought it was later in the summer.

No. The permits are normally issued may 15 to sept 17. It is open now but not a lot of sharks at the moment. We start June 1.
Is the tour Cozumel based only or is there also pickup at Cancun?

No. The permits are normally issued may 15 to sept 17. It is open now but not a lot of sharks at the moment. We start June 1.

Pickup point and est. travel time? Coz / PDC / Cancun?

I assume this is an all day event?

Chances of seeing Whale Sharks on a single day, mid-June? (yeah, break out the crystal ball)

We were thinking taking the ferry over and about picking up a (2nd) rental in PDC and then making an overnight trip to Holbox but with the Qroo in Orange...

We were thinking taking the ferry over and about picking up a (2nd) rental in PDC and then making an overnight trip to Holbox
That looks doable with the new road to Chiquilá. Several years ago we rented a car in PDC, went north to the Cancun airport then west only to learn that we couldn't exit until we got to Valladolid. Available maps back then weren't very helpful. With a ferry or boat ride to the island, up early the next morning to head out, and hoping the Dominoes are closer than they are at other time, then back to the hotel to shower, boat to Chiquilá, drive to PDC, ferry to Cozumel - you might need a free day to get over that.
but with the Qroo in Orange...
And that would be a Not for me.

Pickup point and est. travel time? Coz / PDC / Cancun?

I assume this is an all day event?

Chances of seeing Whale Sharks on a single day, mid-June? (yeah, break out the crystal ball)

We were thinking taking the ferry over and about picking up a (2nd) rental in PDC and then making an overnight trip to Holbox but with the Qroo in Orange...

We have some options for you. If you wanted to go to Playa Del Carmen the night before, we will put you up in a nice hotel there. We will cover that cost in liu of discount. That way you wont have to deal with early ferry. It is an all day event leaving Cozumel at 7 am, returning 5pm. If you go ro holbox, most of the boats there will go to the same area as the Isla Mujares boats. Better to go out of Cancun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom