Crab and Anemone Fighting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

klausi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
A new video of mine, quite stoked about an interesting interaction between two critters I managed to film:

A small crab got caught in the tentacles of an anemone at night in one of the typical muck diving sites of Negros Island in the Philippines. It’s quite interesting to see how cleverly the crustacean removes the tentacles stuck to its body, and finally escapes in a direction where the anemone has no chance of catching it.

A new video of mine, quite stoked about an interesting interaction between two critters I managed to film:

A small crab got caught in the tentacles of an anemone at night in one of the typical muck diving sites of Negros Island in the Philippines. It’s quite interesting to see how cleverly the crustacean removes the tentacles stuck to its body, and finally escapes in a direction where the anemone has no chance of catching it.

Pretty amazing footage.

Worthy of stokage, Klausi. amazing to watch an anemone actively fight back—and to see the crab just keep at it. Plus, really good control of your camera and lighting.

Worthy of stokage, Klausi. amazing to watch an anemone actively fight back—and to see the crab just keep at it. Plus, really good control of your camera and lighting.
Thank you - this is a "muck" area without any corals nearby, so I can place the camera in the sand. I have attached a small "gorilla" tripod attached to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom