Cracked inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Horn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Zeagle Ranger. About 80 dives. Went to remote location (no Zeagle shops). First dive air flowing from the inflator out the side? Removed inflator button...no issue...removed connector......hmmmmm...seems to have been cross treaded...re-inserted to no avail......inflator leaked like a sieve.

Had to purchase new inflator (not zeagle) to keep dive going for $75...ugh!:shakehead:

Looks like air coming out from the side of the inflator between the vent cuts.

My LDS is getting a new inflator and will actually honour a bit of the over priced $75.

Scott...Hopefully you guys get to see this inflator...not failed along any seams as I may have thought. Air actually p (h)issing out the side at the top groove below the hose connector.

Haven't taken it in or had any reason to remove the LP air fitting other than to see why there was air coming out the side. I routinely keep the inflator button clean and lightly lubbed with a dab of silcon lube as it has stuck a bit in the past. No reason for the dfefct that I could see. BC is always carried hung up or in a nice protective bag.

The leak is on the side of the inflator. This is the odd thing as I could see it happening if it was along the seam but it makes no sense where it is actually leaking from. The best guess I have is the cross threaded fitting must have lightly scored close to the exterior of the plasitc casing and it wore through over time?

My LDS (where I bought the Ranger) has the inflator. Not sure what he does with it but it may go back to zeagle for exchange? Right now I'm running with another brand of inflator until the new one comes in.

I thought, perhaps, someone else has had this problem?

You went diving with the same inflator 80 times with no problem, then all of the sudden the inflator developed a leak in the middle of the inflator???

Sounds really strange.

Hopefully the shop will send it in to us.

Scott

That's correct Scott,

It was the last thing I could ever think would fail on a dive! I'll put in the word to the shop to ensure it gets back to you....hopefully!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom