Cressi Leonardo - multiple dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found the Giotto to be pretty good - it is a three button computer which certainly makes these changes a lot easier.

I can see its use if you're diving in .eu where rec depth goes all the way to 60 (leonardo's algorithm is "limited to 40m" whatever that means), plus it has 3 buttons. I never understood how that was ever worth its original MSRP, and even now it's a hundred bucks more than the leonardo. A bit steep for the extra 2 buttons I reckon.

I can see its use if you're diving in .eu where rec depth goes all the way to 60 (leonardo's algorithm is "limited to 40m" whatever that means), plus it has 3 buttons. I never understood how that was ever worth its original MSRP, and even now it's a hundred bucks more than the leonardo. A bit steep for the extra 2 buttons I reckon.
I found the three buttons allowed it to be a lot more usable than the Leonardo - I did my OW course with the Leo and switched just after and found the difference to be huge in ease of use (have to say the 2 button implementation on the Perdix I have now is even better though).

The Giotto also allows for gas switching (2 mixes up to 99%) compared to single nitrox mix of <50% on the Leo.

The Giotto also allows for gas switching (2 mixes up to 99%) compared to single nitrox mix of <50% on the Leo.

My recreational computer has that feature. 3 gases, actually, up to 99% O2. I have never found that feature to be the slightest bit useful. And I do decompression dives, with a 2nd gas for deco....

I don't doubt for a second that setting O2% is easier with 3 buttons than it is with one, and switching between two pre-set gasses is easier that changing O2% from one mix to the other. One just has to figure out if it's worth the extra hundred bucks, esp, now that you can get DG03 for the same price as the Leonardo but with PZ+, WAI, and DGX's forever service.

I don't doubt for a second that setting O2% is easier with 3 buttons than it is with one, and switching between two pre-set gasses is easier that changing O2% from one mix to the other. One just has to figure out if it's worth the extra hundred bucks, esp, now that you can get DG03 for the same price as the Leonardo but with PZ+, WAI, and DGX's forever service.
When I bought mine that option wasn't available. Having had a look at that it might well have been an option although now sure about service over here

When I bought mine that option wasn't available. Having had a look at that it might well have been an option although now sure about service over here

Again, Leonardo's manual states "algorithm depth 40 m". If you dive the deeper wrecks and by DSAC rules (50 m I believe?) over in rightpondia, I can see how Leonrado would not be an option, so then Giotto makes much more sense.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom