Cressi Newton vs Goa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Honestly If i had the money I would get the garmin or the shewater teric but its 3x the price!

As far as the price the newton is 297 at leisure pro not sure if it will go lower or not
The graph is from amazon
upload_2019-1-18_16-11-23.png

The Geo 2 looks awesome indeed, only problem is to get it in Canada for a reasonable price. Found it on a popular US store for us$350 as you said, but they don't ship that specific item here. In Canadian stores it doesn't go for less than 500 canadian plus shipping.
On the other hand, the Goa can be found for us$225, which is 300cd.

Can you get a seac guru from amazon? And do their square trade extended warranties work North of the border? If I were shopping for a computer I'd seriously consider that one, despite no market presence on our side of the pond. And watch size & function -- but you think that's a plus anyway.

Can you get a seac guru from amazon? And do their square trade extended warranties work North of the border? If I were shopping for a computer I'd seriously consider that one, despite no market presence on our side of the pond. And watch size & function -- but you think that's a plus anyway.
This is the Ratio iDive Sport Easy, 6 GF presets, no custom GF

Right. Ratio doesn't seem to have much market penetration here in the US, and I don't see much Seac kit in general in the shops.

I saw those but what turned me off is that half of the reviews say the lower right button stops working (quality issues?)

im starting to wonder if algorithm really matters in a recreational dive computer...none of them do planned deco and im personally not diving at cold or altitude. For the very limited scope of recreational diving does buhlmann zhl-16c really matter?

I saw those but what turned me off is that half of the reviews say the lower right button stops working (quality issues?)

im starting to wonder if algorithm really matters in a recreational dive computer...none of them do planned deco and im personally not diving at cold or altitude. For the very limited scope of recreational diving does buhlmann zhl-16c really matter?

Can't beat 4 years warranty for $20 though...

Algorithms and ZHL/GF is a religious flamefest, I don't want ot be in 2 at the same time right now.

What Guru has, though, is wireless air integration. And a compass -- on the kind of dives I do it would be all the compass I'd need really. And frankly, I wouldn't wear a geo2 for a watch even if I wore watches.

But the other missing bit from the OP is where they plan on diving. If it's dark muck, my advice would be to save up much and support their local industry by buying a teric -- just because in the dark you want a light-emitting screen, and with watch size on top the choices are rather limited.

the transmitter is as expensive as the computer and that puts you in a whole different class of computer for $700 might as well buy a new or used shearwater at that point. Guess it really depends on how important air integrated is to you. :cheers:

OP is asking about differences between Cressi Newton and Goa, however, people keep suggesting other computers. I am thinking whether people do not know how to read or are not able to comprehend the text. Anyway, I have Cressi Newton and used 100% of its functions (e.g. used 2 gases, went into deco and etc.). You already looked at manuals and see that GOA has freediving mode (Newton does not have). GOA is smaller and can be used as a daily watch.... Newton is bigger. I am using Newton as my watch during my diving vacation. You can replace Newton battery by itself. Of battery is flooded, watch remains intact.

2 gases you might use if you have a deco dive (e.g. dive with air or nitrox and do deco with anothe gas.... e.g. EAN50). I am very happy Newton user and definitely recommend it to others as this is a cheap dive computer who has many features and could be used even by technical divers. Also, Newtion has capability to download all you dive profiles into computer and analyse it there. If you have any questions, fel free to ask me.

I had noticed that alright: nobody talks about Seac here, but all European stores carry it. In any case, cheapest I found was 377. On Amazon (no special warranties here) it's 600.

The only computer I've found on Amazon for a decent price was the Mares Smart for 330. Don't know much about that one yet, gotta research. Looks massive for a watch though.

Can't beat 4 years warranty for $20 though...

Algorithms and ZHL/GF is a religious flamefest, I don't want ot be in 2 at the same time right now.

What Guru has, though, is wireless air integration. And a compass -- on the kind of dives I do it would be all the compass I'd need really. And frankly, I wouldn't wear a geo2 for a watch even if I wore watches.

But the other missing bit from the OP is where they plan on diving. If it's dark muck, my advice would be to save up much and support their local industry by buying a teric -- just because in the dark you want a light-emitting screen, and with watch size on top the choices are rather limited.

Right, sorry I forgot to provide that info: I intend to dive in warm Caribbean waters and quite cold Canadian waters. Both pretty clear usually, not looking forward to dark muck.

Back
Top Bottom