Cressi-sub S-111

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed66

Contributor
Reaction score
Here is my problem because of my size I mostly fall in between size's. I am 5' 7" 145lbs. 32in waist 36-37in chest. I got the Cressi S-111 in a small size and I tried it on with both my 7mm one pc wetsuit (good fit) then I tried it on with my DUI TLS 350 with a Bare CT200 jumpsuit under it. It fit a little more snug and the top D-rings seemed to sit right on top of my shoulder, is this the norm. I am wondering if i should go up a size to a med. or will this be too big. My other two bc's are a Seaquest Balance (med. size) and it's loose on me and the other is a US Divers Sea Master (small size) it fits great but the pockets are very hard to get too, that's why I got the Cressi, any help from someone my size with a S-111 would be great Thanks.

Hi Ed,

I have a Cressi S111 as well, but my dimensions are a little different. Mine is a medium, but I weigh 160lbs, 5'8", 32in waist, 41in chest. The medium for me is a decent fit, not too snug, with my 7mm farmer johns (i.e. 14mm up top). The top D rings are not sitting on top of my shoulders, but are still at the front, but near the top. If your top D rings are sitting high, the small might be a bit too small. Hard to say. My medium seems to be a good fit for me, but I've got an inch on you, 15 lbs, and about 4 inches in the chest. The chest strap is about half way tighetened up.

Hi Warren,
Thanks for the info, I just checked again the top D-ring does not sit so high, the little strip of reflective material does sit right on my shoulder seem. The chest strap sits right above my inflator in my dry suit. The only time I really get a squeeze is when I cranked up the bladder till the overpressure valve went. This is my 1st jacket style bc the last one I wore was for my open water class and it was a Sherwood Silhouette (small) and that had some squeeze :) I have not seen anyone wearing one so I cant get an idea as to how it should look but I think the med. would be too big. If you have a pic of how your's is setup can you send it to me. Thanks Ed

I'm not sure what you wanted to see, but here is a pic of how the shoulder strap sits on my shoulder. I apologize for the quality of the pic as I had to take it of myself through a mirror while trying not to get the flash to bounce back into my face.

Back
Top Bottom