Croatia/Hrvatska Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvas

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello All,

my diving buddy and I are looking for a new close (to Israel) diving location. I am thinking of Croatia, but I do have some question. We are mostly looking for shore diving, so we will be independant:
1. can we dive on our own? if yes, do we have to pay 2400kuna for it?
2. is the 40m max depth for technical diving also? i have read the croatian sites and previous threads. I am trimix certified and my buddy is ANDI tek diver. Is it allowed to dive deeper then 40m?
3. In Sep2001, we were in Gozo (Malta). We have rented a car and did all our dives on our own. Can you recommend such a trip somewhere in croatia? shore dives and a lot of diving sites in a close proximity. We are interested in caverns, wrecks,....

thanks,
sasha

Bob3:
I was swapping emails with a couple of guys from that area, I'll try to get their email addresses out of my other computer. Very pretty area from what I hear. Lots of wrecks too.
Hi Bob,

long time... thanks... looking forward,

sasha

dvas:
1. can we dive on our own? if yes, do we have to pay 2400kuna for it?

1. You can dive on you own, but unfortunatelly you hav to pay 2400 kuna for it. If you dive with some center than you have to pay 100 kuna for diving license (valid for one year).

dvas:
2. is the 40m max depth for technical diving also? i have read the croatian sites and previous threads. I am trimix certified and my buddy is ANDI tek diver. Is it allowed to dive deeper then 40m?

No, 40m is not max depth for tecnical diving. Only rec diving is limited to 40m. Tech diving is not strictly regulated. We do tech dives deeper than that.

dvas:
3. In Sep2001, we were in Gozo (Malta). We have rented a car and did all our dives on our own. Can you recommend such a trip somewhere in croatia? shore dives and a lot of diving sites in a close proximity. We are interested in caverns, wrecks,...

You can contact diving center where I dive usualy and arange trimix fills, deco tanks etc.

http://www.krnica.com/web/default.asp

hi,

thanks for the answer.. it realy s....s that we have to pay such a huge amount... these rules remind me of diving here in Israel.. anyway, are there any shore dives? since if they are not, then diving without a club is useless....

sasha

dvas:
hi,

thanks for the answer.. it realy s....s that we have to pay such a huge amount... these rules remind me of diving here in Israel.. anyway, are there any shore dives? since if they are not, then diving without a club is useless....

sasha

Yes, it's a stupid law - 400 $ for nothing. Our goverment says that it's in the best interest of divers' safety because it forces all divers to dive via centers - which is the most stupid explanation I've ever heard. We've been trying to change the law during these two years but without success.

There are shore dives but not so good as boat dives.The best spots can be reached only by boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom