Crown Princess - November 20, 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are considering it, as well as the 13th and 27th sailings. We have been to the ports multiple times with the exception of Princess Cays which is on the south end of Eleuthra.

I usually arrange diving outside the ship trips. On Roatan, for example; one time we went to a resort where we had previously stayed--Coco View. Nice diving from shore. I arranged it thru their US office for pickup at the pier, etc. Anyway, on Grand Cayman and Roatan there is the possibility of doing good shore dives, less so on Cozumel although Scuba Club is easy and accessible via taxi.

have scheduled the same cruise, however shipping out on October 30.

plan NOT to use the cruise dive operators. Have selected the following dive shops:
cayman: living the dream.very responsive and accomodating special requests (my wife is planning to complete her aow, so we will have 2 qualifying dives with them).
roatan: will go with bananarama based on their initial respons; they have special times to accomodate cruise schedule and will pick us up from cruise terminal. barefoot divers gave us a standard and inflexible response based on which we decided not to go with them (even though liked their website info).
cozumel: deep blue. also very responsive and accomodating.

Last edited:
brief feedback from my cruise dives:

Grand Cayman: Living the Dreams. 5-Star personalized dive operator! Professionally run, small groups (we were 3 divers with 2 divemasters!), excellent equipment, full valet service. One of the best dive operators I have experienced todate! Highly recommended.

Roatan: Bananarama. The name says it all: very laid back, older equipment, outdated dive boat. divemaster got just certified and was more involved showing off than taking care of his customers. small group (3 divers). all 3 of us felt rather uneasy at some point during the dive, when the dive master almost disappeared...Would not use again.

Cozumel: Deep Blue. excellent dive master took care of small group (7 divers). standard, professional dive operator. equipment and dive boat in very good shape, valet service. large operation, on this day they had 3 boats out with 6-7 divers each. dove Palancar Garden and Cedral (drift dive), 2 awesome dives. would use again.

willy B- Sorry that you opted not to go with Barefoot Divers, you would have had a great time! Their rental equipment is really well maintained, and they take care of everything (they call it 'valet diving').

Hi Diva

Barefoot Divers were our preferred options, unfortunately they could not accomodate our cruise schedule. maybe next time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom