Crowsnest Pub destroyed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perhaps instead of a foodfight about expenses we should be grateful the fire appears to have been limited to one building. Was it?

Food fight? Like throwing nachos with real cheese? What a waste :shakehead:.

Perhaps instead of a foodfight about expenses we should be grateful the fire appears to have been limited to one building. Was it?

It was... Christa (aka. Tobermory Aquasports Bosslady, Crowsnest Manager, Volunteer Fire Chick) was apparently on the roof of Divers Den keeping it hosed down. Nothing like relying on the competition to keep your dive shop from going up in smoke! Looking at the photos, it looks like there wasn't much wind. It's not inconceivable that the entire downtown core could go up in smoke with the right wind...

Shoredivr, my history is relatively recent, but it goes back far enough that I overlapped with a few of the real diving pioneers up there...

So, update photo courtesy Blue Heron Tobermory to what's happening with the Crowsnest site: looks like they've taken it down to the limestone.

Attachments

• crowsnest site.jpg
    crowsnest site.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 109
So, update photo courtesy Blue Heron Tobermory to what's happening with the Crowsnest site: looks like they've taken it down to the limestone.

The poop from the All Knowing One (Kay at the Hardware store) is that the Insurance Co. has signed off and were preparing to cut a cheque. This was a few weeks ago, so hopefully they're getting ready to re-build. Their website says that's there intent. :D:D:D

Sweet!

Aha, prefab! I was up on April 2 getting my tag...still iced over so no diving...but I saw the PVC pipes and a friend was saying that they'd probably do prefab...good for them.

Can't wait to knock back a beverage and look over the harbour again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom