Cruise Divers - ops for Grand Turk and St Thomas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What two are best for scuba of the 3, San Juan-PR, St thomas or Turks and Caicos?

As far as St. Thomas goes, it's a toss-up between Blue Island Divers and Admiralty Divers.

I am a fan of Admiralty Divers; dived with them several times (once off the ship) and they were great. Pick you up and drop you off at the dock, and all for about 70% of the what the cruise ship is charging you for the same dives if you book direct.

---------- Post added September 9th, 2015 at 04:27 PM ----------

What two are best for scuba of the 3, San Juan-PR, St thomas or Turks and Caicos?

Turks and St Thomas (in that order)

My wife and I just returned from our cruise with Grand Turk as a port of calland used Oasis. This is a reputable dive operation that our local dive shop uses when they take resort trip to GT. Overall we had a good time. this trip was the first time I opted to use rental gear. The gear was maintained and functioned well, but it was crawling with spiders and ants. After a few dips in the clean water bucket the issue was resolved. My wife was not impressed when she stepped in the a pile of dog feces at the rental gear window. Guy handing out the gear just laughed and said it was from the owners dog. Besides these couple of non diving issues my wife and I had a great time and we would still use them again. Enjoy, have fun and safe diving.

We returned from our trip to Grand Turk and St Thomas. At St. Thomas we dove with Admiralty. The were a good group of guys. I found the boat to be a bit cramped when dealing with gear changes and such. A fine Op overall. The diving on the other hand was lackluster. No fault of Admiralty, the viz was horrid, very green. They said it was unusual. If the viz was better it would have been an ok dive but nothing to write home about.

At Grand Turk we used GT Divers. The use a six pack which we loved. The boat was smaller than Admiraltys but much more roomy and comfortable for setup. I really liked GT Divers and would recommend them. The diving at GT was spectacular. One of my favorite spots in the Caribbean at this point. The wall dive was just amazing.

I'd like to thank everyone for their invaluable input.

Back
Top Bottom