Cruise ship diving- recommend operator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cave tubing was fun but not with the cruise ship group. We went last month and hired a guide that used to work for carnival. On the way in he told us about how the cruise lines worked and as we watched the cruisers being herded through - everything was just like he said. They have a short time window and everything was hurry hurry hurry. The cruisers were all hooked together and the guides dragged the entire group through the caves as fast as they could go. We just hung out in several caves and watched them go by. Alot of the cruisers were three sheets in the wind and would not have been fun to have had to spend the day with as well.

We spent a week in San Ignacio and had an excellent time. We had stayed there for a week in 2009 and had a great time as well.
Not alot of dining choices but there is Pop's for breakfast.

I tried diving with Hugh Parkey in 2010 from a cruise ship and they cancelled the dive because there were only two of us signed up for it. I sent an email to them to try and set up a dive from a cruise ship in October 2013 and they said I had to book thru the cruise ship....however....the cruise ship is not offering a dive for certified divers....I suggest using some other dive operaor in Belize...I will never use HP....

I thought the cave tubing was fun. But we were staying in the area and made a point of going when there were no cruise ships in. I'm not sure it would be as much fun with a crowd, though being on a non-cruise sponsored excursion might be better at least. It did look like they were set up to handle an awful lot of people.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom