Cruiser looking for independent dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BIG DADDY ONE

Registered
Reaction score
We will be going on a cruise in December to Cozumel and Belize. I am not looking forward to the "Cattle" dive operations. We are also scheduled to go again in May to Cozumel, Cayman and Jamaica. May i indulge upon your thoughts and recommendations on Dive Operators that will accomadate cruisers?

Since you didn't say your skill level, I'll take it you are intermediate at least.

Cozumel, I went with Christi's operation, BlueXTSea and recommend you do the same. Quality service, small fast boat, and cruiser friendly.

Grand Cayman, I went with Neptunesdivers and also recommend them. 8 divers max, follow the guide or do your own dive, and also cruiser friendly.

Make reservations as soon as you can since these smaller operations fill up early.

While I usually recommend making your own arrangements, in Belize I would probably just go with the ship's excursion just because of the logistics.

Jamaica and "good diving" is an oxymoron. I have no recommendation for this stop. Maybe the river tubing. I saw a trip report where one couple did this and it looked kinda fun.

I have dove twice in Cozumel and used Papa Hogs both times, so I recommend them and I second Neptunedivers in Grand Cayman both are cruiser friendly.

Since I am new to this board, I am not sure how you catagorize skill levels. I got my open water in December, and yes I probably will only dive on vacations for a year or two. I do not have a buddy close by to dive with. If I find one I will dive more often

BIG DADDY ONE:
Since I am new to this board, I am not sure how you catagorize skill levels. I got my open water in December, and yes I probably will only dive on vacations for a year or two. I do not have a buddy close by to dive with. If I find one I will dive more often

No matter your skill level there is a dive company for you. A new one is Bottom Time Divers. Can be found at www.bottomtimedivers.net. Have a look. The divemaster has been diving Cozumel for more than ten years. He will take good care of you.

Grand Cayman - you can shore dive a 5-10 minute walk from the cruise ship water taxi drop off with Eden Rock. They run a tab for you holding your C-Card for tanks and weights. You can dive Devil's Grotto and Eden Rock right in front of their store. They are excellent shore dives (ladder entry not sand)! My husband and I dived all morning. 2 tanks each and weights I think cost us a total of $40. They have lockers to store your gear in as well.

BIG DADDY ONE:
We will be going on a cruise in December to Cozumel and Belize. I am not looking forward to the "Cattle" dive operations. We are also scheduled to go again in May to Cozumel, Cayman and Jamaica. May i indulge upon your thoughts and recommendations on Dive Operators that will accomadate cruisers?

I will also be cruising in dec. Princess. dec. 4th to belize ,coz, gc. I think I will book through the ship in belize and go with papa hogs in coz. I have used phogs. before and had good luck. Still don't know about GC. Did you find out any good info ?
Thanks. any input is welcome.

divedown:
I will also be cruising in dec. Princess. dec. 4th to belize ,coz, gc. I think I will book through the ship in belize and go with papa hogs in coz. I have used phogs. before and had good luck. Still don't know about GC. Did you find out any good info ?
Thanks. any input is welcome.

going on Carnival in Feb (Presidents' week), same ports. Let us know if GC is put back together by Dec.
I'm a little chicken to book my own and usually go through the ship. Also I am usually a lone diver.
I also dred getting buddied up with Ima Hoover, or some other Bozo. But that can happen booking through the ship or on your own.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom