Cruising to Belize and Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

falcon

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
We are taking a family cruise vacation this next March. We are considering iteniaries and have considered Belize and Roatan as destinations. Since we are on a cruise ship, we would be in each of those locations from mid morning to early evening. Is there good diving that can be done in that time frame in those locations. I know that the cruise ships dock in Belize City. I don’t know about Roatan.

Thanks for any advice and input.

Dove both locations on the NCL Sun two years ago. Belize was a two hour boat ride to some pretty mediocre diving. Roatan was well worth it. NCL used Anthony's Key Resort.

Falcon ..... we did Belize from a cruise ship this past December and used Sea Sport Belize and enjoyed the diving. John the DM was a riot. We took a 6-pack out to the barrier reef (Chubbs Change & Gallows Point were the 2 dive sites) so the boat ride was not very long. For our surface interval we stopped on a small bit of island for a sandwich lunch, then back out for the second dive. They dropped us back directly to the cruise ship so we didn't have to tender back out.

As we are doing another cruise this December that hits Belize, we plan to go back to dove with them again ....

Thanks Kat for the info. We plan on using your advice. Please let me know about your experience in Dec.

Falcon

In Roatan the boat will probably dock in Coxen Hole. I didn't spend anytime there exept to arrive at the airport, but as I understand it, there isn't alot to do there. However, a$10-$20 taxi ride will get you to West Bay Beach. There you will find great snorkelling right off the beach. We dove will Bananarama while we were there. We enjoyed our experience with them. Also, I am pretty sure they will accomodate people from cruise ships including picking you up at the dock. The owner's name is Ron. The website is http://www.bananaramadive.com/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom