Crystal clear, warm diving year round in the far North!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tparrent

Contributor
Reaction score
In two weeks I will relocated from Southern California to Minneapolis:(

I was out in SoCal for only six months and I only went on one dive trip that truly failed to meet my expectations given that all of my other dives have been in St Vincent and Grand Cayman. I know I did not give diving enough of a chance here but it is a real time commitment either on the boat or the highway and takes a full day.

I figured I could at least get in a few dives each year in the Minneapolis area but then I read the reports of cold, dark, murky quarries. Dry suit diving in Lake Superior is the other option.

Of course, everyone else in the Midwest is in a similar situation and this got me (ouch!) thinking. Why not abandon the quarries altogether in favor of a MUCH nice environment? There are MANY times I feel like taking a couple hours to get wet and just float around a bit and I am sure many of you feel the same. How about if a whole bunch of shops got together and supported a 35-40 foot deep indoor pool big enough to have cool stuff in it? After all, they sink cars and boats and whatnot in cold, dark, murky quarries and PEOPLE STILL SHOW UP TO DIVE :confused: Maybe you could even put some fish in the pool.

Think about it. Warm water. Cenote quality clarity. Year round diving. I'd pay dearly for that!

So how much does an acre sized deep indoor pool cost anyway?:D

Ck Out The Local Aquariums. They Might Be Just The Ticket For You!

Actually I was thinking about that recently. You could have lots of pools with large tubes (culverts) connecting them, and you could change some stuff even weekly--move things around, add things, take out things. Night diving at any time of day. You could have fish. You could have an outdoor lake too, what'd be perfect is basically a day of fun for everone. Not certified? Snorkel! One pool could have a beach of sorts with UV lamps to recreate somewhat the heat and ability to tan found at a beach. You could teach scuba classes there and have cert dives in the lake outside. Miniature golf on top of the building, a paintball facility too even. Sure, it wouldn't be for everone, but it'd be a great place to have fun doing some simple diving, working on skills. It'd be a dive shop on steriods! Alot of people would call it "selling out" and would hate it, but I think it'd be cool!

im there,a amusement park for divers,any investors out there?

I think you can still scuba in west edmonton mall in Alberta Canada. I did it a couple years ago. Look it up on google it was a blast. They have a whole underwater park for the submarines & you just dive around them. We watched the sea lion show from 24 ft. You have to go on to the pirate ship to access the water. It was $40.00 CAN per dive.

I think the idea of a dive park would be great. We drive for hours to get crumy diving around here. I'm sure it would cost some bucks, but I think alot of divers would try it out.

ill stick with cave and sinks and grottos here in sunny florida happy diving in those pools keep that gear clean bromine is bad for gear

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom