CSSP Sat 3/24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cyprian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Yeap, it's me again. :D

Tejas and I should be at CSSP this Saturday and I was just checking to see if anyone else is planning to go out there?

I know the weather forecast is a little premature, but Sunny, low temp around 60, high close to 80 (depending on which forecast you read). Nice diving weather.

Anyway, I'll be out there in my new BP/W setup with my canister light and long hose, all the while trying to avoid tying them into knots as I practice drills. If you are up for some good laughs, you might want to tag along a dive or two and watch. Yes, a complete configuration change and I was just getting used to my dry suit and the other configuration...lol.

Safe dives,

Cyp

If I can get permission from the warden to dive two weekends in a row I'll try to make it out.

Well, so far Tejas, Korvette and I will be gathered out there. I believe Bcleatus is going to come visit and perhaps Rakpix, if he can make it from the Austin area.

Anyone else care to join us?

FYI, we will basically be doing training dives (working on buoyancy, weighting, etc.) If you are more interested in exploring, no problem, just come over and say hi. :)

Safe dives,

Cyp

What time are you planning on being at CSSP on 3/24?

I plan to be out there at 9, but that can turn into 9:30 depending on how lazy I am in the morning. :)

I believe the other guys are planning on being there around the same time. Rakpix has to drive up from Austin, so he might be a little later.

Cyp

What is the water temp., say 40-50ft.,,, as I have not been to CSSP in awhile. Thanks

What is the water temp., say 40-50ft.,,, as I have not been to CSSP in awhile. Thanks

Alan,

The last time I was there (2 weeks ago) at 42' or so it was 54 degrees. However, BCleatus was out there last weekend and I believe, without looking, that he had 51 degrees at 40 with 58-59 at the surface....so the thermocline must be forming.

I'll post a report after our dives tomorrow. I may even venture over to the deep silos and see how much the rain has brought the water level up. Last time I got 47' when I reached the steel, and ventured down to about 50' in depth before going over to the wall for a little scenery.

Cyp

Thanks

And now Billyparker1 plans to join the mix. Anyone else? :D

Supposed to be a beautiful day tomorrow.

Cyp

It sounds like a pretty good crowd there--I wish I could have joined y'all--how was the diving?

Back
Top Bottom