Cuba Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cuba needs what Cancun got.

Lots of American infrastructure investment.

Oh no!
The natural beauty and old school charm is exactly what I love about Cuba. :)
Not to mention areas of pristine unspoiled reef and abundant marine life.
As the infrastructure grows, there will sadly be a trade-off.

I disagree 100%. I used to go to Cozumel in the 80's. Was a much nicer and more relaxed place back then. If Cuba becomes that commercialized I'll look for somewhere else to go.

You will be swimming with the fishes in the sky before it ever becomes a problem for you.

Cuba was ok, the diving not as good this time, possibly the time of year. Sea life wasnt as abundant. Beach was great though. Aquas azules hotel not great. Was just ok. Food was goid and for wifi you need to buy a wifi card for your hotel loby, some need to go to town for purchase. Also cuban dollar is at par with the us dolar so dont expect any deals there. Blew out a flip flop and fila sandles were 55.00 cuc.
gonna look at other countries for vacation.
also i had to go to the dive opp to book the dives. Make sure when your dive is done you tell them the next day your diving or they will miss you. Happened to me. Cost me 10.00 something about gov charges, seems everything that has to do with money has the gov involved or its how they over charge us. And they love their tips lol

Cuba was ok, the diving not as good this time, possibly the time of year. Sea life wasnt as abundant. Beach was great though. Aquas azules hotel not great. Was just ok. Food was goid and for wifi you need to buy a wifi card for your hotel loby, some need to go to town for purchase. Also cuban dollar is at par with the us dolar so dont expect any deals there. Blew out a flip flop and fila sandles were 55.00 cuc.
gonna look at other countries for vacation.
also i had to go to the dive opp to book the dives. Make sure when your dive is done you tell them the next day your diving or they will miss you. Happened to me. Cost me 10.00 something about gov charges, seems everything that has to do with money has the gov involved or its how they over charge us. And they love their tips lol

Its the biggest island in the Caribbean so there are plenty of good dive spots and places to go if you know your way around. Also some that aren't so great. Sounds like you were at one of the tourist traps?

Its the biggest island in the Caribbean so there are plenty of good dive spots and places to go if you know your way around. Also some that aren't so great. Sounds like you were at one of the tourist traps?

I like veradero for the beach. The good diving is 2 hour drive from there. I used baracuda and they all seemed so bored with taking people diving. Was no fun really. The wrecks we saw were ok. The reefs were in poor shape where they brought us. Maybe wrong time of year. Any suggestions on a better location and resort with a great beach and stuff to do?

I am going with the a group OcT 6-15. I know space is still available if you are looking for a fall trip

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom